Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 55 mal aufgerufen
 Erstes Unterforum
panxing18 Offline

22.07.2019 04:36
Jessica Mendoza has heard the ribbing Antworten

NEW YORK (AP) — .An ESPN “Sunday Night Baseball” analyst since 2015 Matt Szczur Jersey , she added a part-time role last month as a New York Mets baseball operations adviser.“OK, you work for the Mets, we can’t talk to you anymore,” she recalled hearing from teams during her spring training rounds, quickly adding “in a joking way.”She’s not worried that wearing two hats will lead to less inside info for her two ears. In an era when players and clubs treat the tiniest tidbit as a state secret, Mendoza already felt teams were hesitant to provide her intelligence in her pundit role because they knew “information they would give me as a member from ESPN was about to go on air.” She doesn’t expect that to change with the new job title.Mendoza spoke Thursday during a conference call with booth-mate Alex Rodriguez to promote the 30th anniversary of ESPN’s Sunday night broadcasts, which also include play-by-play man Matt Vasgersian.Mark Gross, ESPN senior vice president of production and remote events, expressed confidence in Mendoza’s impartiality. She will continue to broadcast games involving the Mets.“We’re not looking to fool anybody. We’re not looking to trick the viewers into anything,” he said. “We’ll be upfront with viewers off the top of the game http://www.padresfanproshop.com/authentic-brad-hand-jersey , letting people know, and we will let the viewers decide ultimately if this is something that they’re on board with.”Rodriguez has been a New York Yankees adviser since his retirement, among several players to work as broadcasters while retaining a part-time role with a team.“Alex’s commentary last year on a Yankee game was no different than if it was on any other game,” Gross said.A member of the U.S. Olympic softball team in 2004 and 2008, Mendoza said new Mets general manager Brodie Van Wagenen first spoke with her about a position last August or September, when he still was co-head of the CAA Baseball agency and was preparing to interview with New York.“I’m actually putting you in my presentation and I just wanted to get your OK with that, your thoughts,” she remembered him saying. “So we kind of started talking about it then, and from there, obviously Trevor Hoffman Jersey , he got the job.”Van Wagenen asked her at first whether she would move to New York to work for the Mets full-time, an entreaty Mendoza took as “a little joking.” The 38-year-old wanted to remain in California, where her kids go to school.She views ESPN as her “full-bore priority.” Mendoza has spent one day working for the Mets since she was hired March 5.Mendoza says she isn’t worried that Mets owner Fred Wilpon or chief operating officer Jeff Wilpon, the owner’s son, would be upset if she is critical. Mendoza promises to be just as reproving directly with team management.“Part of my job is to kind of look, evaluate and knowing that, be honest. I’m an analyst first,” she said. “I would hope that that’s why they hired me, because of my honesty and criticism and not just to say all the right things.” We could see Frank the Tank on Opening Day in Kansas City"WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Royals Trade Rumors & Hot StoveRoyals Minor Leagues & ProspectsRoyals Review ClassicRoyals Review Users GuideThe 100 Greatest Royals Of All TimeRoyals Trades, Transactions Evan Longoria Jersey , SigningsFrank Schwindel reportedly makes the Opening Day rosterNew,19commentsWe could see Frank the Tank on Opening Day in Kansas CityEDTShareTweetShareShareFrank Schwindel reportedly makes the Opening Day rosterJerome Miron-USA TODAY SportsFirst baseman Frank Schwindel has reportedly made the Royals' Opening Day roster, according to an announcement made by George Brett before Monday's exhibition game in Omaha. The 26-year old has been a fixture there the last two seasons, hitting .302/.338/.516 with 41 home runs in AAA. The right-handed hitting Schwindel seems likely to split time at DH with Lucas Duda, and he could see time at first base as well splitting time with Ryan O'Hearn. Schwindel fared well against lefties in AAA last year, hitting .353/.402/.630 against them. Schwindel has also been working out at catcher and third base to offer more positional versatility. The ZIPS projection system predicts Schwindel to be the fifth-best active hitter on the team so he could help add offense for a team that will need it. He is a free swinger with a low walk rate that could be exposed against big league pitchers although he did improve in that category last year. Schwindel will need to be added to the 40-man roster, which currently has a vacancy with the release of Brian Goodwin. His stint in the big leagues could be short as the Royals will likely need a roster spot when a fourth starting pitcher is needed and Homer Bailey is added to the roster which would probably be on April 3.

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz