Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 56 mal aufgerufen
 Erstes Unterforum
jokergreen0220 Offline

10.09.2019 09:31
MASON, Ohio -- Vancouvers Vasek Pospisil was the sole Canadian in action at the Western & Southern Open in Cincinnati although h Antworten

MASON, Ohio -- Vancouvers Vasek Pospisil was the sole Canadian in action at the Western & Southern Open in Cincinnati although he played twice. Shoes Canada Nike . Pospisil defeated Radek Stepanek of the Czech Republic 5-7, 6-1, 7-6(4) in the mens singles tournament. Pospisil and American partner Jack Sock also won, dispatching the team of Indias Rohan Bopanna and Pakistans Aisam-Ul-Haq Qureshi 7-5, 6-2. Top-ranked Novak Djokovic came back to beat Gilles Simon 6-3, 4-6, 6-4 in his opening match. The Cincinnati tournament is the only Masters series event Djokovic has never won, finishing as the runner-up four times. If he wins this week, hell become the first with titles at all nine ATP Masters events. First, he had to get past Simon. He had trouble putting away the Frenchman, whom he has now beaten eight straight times. The opening game of the third set went 20 points and 15 minutes, with Simon surviving six break points. Djokovic finally broke through for a 4-3 lead and served out the 2-hour, 9-minute match. The last set alone took 59 minutes. Djokovic had 36 unforced errors in the breezy evening conditions. "Lets be honest: I dont enjoy playing bad," Djokovic said. "I dont enjoy missing a lot of balls from the baseline. That was frustrating for me. "Im not playing at a level that I need to be, and its obvious. I keep pushing myself." Jo-Wilfried Tsonga followed his week of big upsets with an early exit Tuesday, losing his opening match at the Western & Southern Open. Two days after he won his second Masters title by beating Roger Federer in Toronto, he fell to Mikhail Youzhny 6-1, 6-4. "I dont have the energy to compete," Tsonga said after the 68-minute match. "I just gave everything last week. Before the match, I believed I was able to play at a good level. But on court, I realized that was going to be impossible. And it was." Tsonga beat Djokovic, Andy Murray, Grigor Dimitrov and Federer to win in Toronto, the first time in 12 years a player beat four straight top 10 opponents at a Masters tournament. He arrived Monday and couldnt practice because of rain. He plans to rest for a few days. "I didnt have enough today to compete at a good level," he said. ------ Freelance writer Mark Schmetzer contributed to this report. Shoes Canada Cheap . Numbers Game looks into the Canadiens securing the services of Thomas Vanek in a trade with the New York Islanders. The Canadiens Get: LW Thomas Vanek and a conditional fifth-round pick. Shoes Canada From China . Cleveland has won the first two of this set and has won six straight games since losing back-to-back tilts to open the year. Seattle, on the other hand, has now lost six in a row following consecutive wins to kick off its campaign. https://www.shoescanadaonline.com/ . City has reached new heights under manager Manuel Pellegrini as they transition from big spending/immediate impact to perennial contender. Yaya Toures seeming discontent Tuesday may complicate that, as does the little issue of Financial Fair Play.Mo Farah worked on his finishing speed for Rio as he secured fifth spot in the 1500m at the Diamond League meeting in Monaco on Friday night. The double Olympic champion clocked 3 minutes 31.74 seconds at the Stade Louis II in his penultimate race before heading to Brazil for the Olympics.The time was short of the British record of 3mins 28.81secs Farah ran at the same meeting three years ago, but still quicker than any other Briton in history outside of Steve Cram, Sebastian Coe and Steve Ovett. Event organisers opted to continue with the competition in the wake of the lorry attack in Nice - about 15 miles from Monaco - where 84 people were killed on Thursday.The 33-year-old Farah, who puts plenty of stock in the Monaco 1500m as a good indication of how his major championship preparations are going, also beat world champion Asbel Kiprop, who was sixth in 3:32.03, with another Kenyan, Ronald Kwemoi, taking victory in 3:30.49.The field was taken through 800m in a blistering 1:49.95 before the pace slowed in the second half of the race.Farahs final race before Rio will be over 5,000m at the Muller Anniversary Games in London a week on Saturday and he took plenty of positives from his run-out on the Cote dAzur.I still get away with a positive feeling, he said. Im a 5,000/10,000m guy and I just ran 3:31, so thats good. Bradshaw joy Pole vaulter Holly Bradshaw delighted to make Team GB It was a sombre atmosphere in Monaco following the terror attack where a man drove a truck through crowds celebrating Bastille Day along the Promenade des Anglais. Wholesale Shoes Canada. .It was an impressive evening from Britains athletes on an emotional evening.Eilidh Doyle took 0.13 off her PB in the 400m hurdles to claim victory in 54.09, while Lynsey Sharp ran her second fastest time (1:57.75) to be fifth in the 800m as South Africas Caster Semenya cemented her status as a huge gold medal favourite in Rio.Semenya ran a PB, and the fastest time in the world since 2008, to win in 1:55.33.Elsewhere, Sky Academy Sports Academy scholar Holly Bradshaw was fifth in the pole vault and Robbie Grabarz jumped a seasons best 2.31m to finish joint fourth in the high jump.Steph Twell, fresh from her 5,000m bronze at the European Championships, wiped almost 10 seconds off her 3,000m PB to finish fifth in 8:40.98. In the 100m Hollands Dafne Schippers stormed to victory in 10.94, with Desiree Henry clocking 11.21 for sixth. Also See: Meadows retires from athletics Pavey and Ohuruogu make Rio team Bradshaw joy at Olympics nod ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz