Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 78 mal aufgerufen
 Erstes Unterforum
panxing18 Offline

25.09.2019 05:33
There’s a misconception in some circles regardin Antworten

g my opinion regarding the future of Jared Goff in L.A. Some think I’ve said that the Rams are destined to dump him for another quarterback. The truth is significantly more nuanced than that.And the nuances regarding Goff’s future with the team are becoming more complex Rob Havenstein Jersey , as the team goes out of its way to shoot down the notion that Goff may not be the long-term answer.Beyond comments made by McVay earlier this week to reporters, he sat down with Fred Roggin of NBC’s L.A. affiliate, and responded to this remark which, if I’m the pundit to whom Roggin is referring, misstates the theory: “I don’t know how often you check online and care what the pundits say. One suggested that, you know, the thing about Jared Goff is there will be a point in time when you’re just going to get rid of him because you’re gonna bring somebody in here who’s younger who will be your kind of guy. Now to me I thought that was insane . . . because you’ve developed him into one of the top quarterbacks in the game.”The point isn’t that McVay will simply cut the cord on Goff and find someone else. The point is that, as the top of the quarterback market continues to climb and climb and climb (in less than two years Authentic David Edwards Jersey , it’s gone from $25 million per year to $35 million per year), someone eventually will say “no” to the demands of a quarterback who values himself more than the team values him. And until Goff signs a long-term deal, he could be the guy who demands too much, prompting the team to choose to spend less for someone whom Sean McVay can develop into “one of the top quarterbacks in the game,” the same way he has developed Goff.McVay’s effort to boost Goff in the face of Roggin’s misstated (if he’s talking about my theory) notion that the Rams will just summarily drop Goff actually could contribute to an eventual scenario where Goff does indeed ask for more than the Rams will pay, because McVay’s praise of Goff will do little to dissuade agent Ryan Tollner from trying to make Goff the highest-paid player in NFL history whenever the Rams decide to open talks with Goff.“He’s developed himself into [one of the top quarterbacks in the game],” McVay said, “and you know we’ve been able to work very well together over the last couple years. I can assure you David Edwards Los Angeles Rams Jerseys , that is not going to happen. He ain’t going anywhere. And he’s just continuing to get better. He’s coachable. He’s a young guy that’s just continuing to grow. But the talent, the makeup that he has. I think one of the best traits is mental toughness.“I mean, clearly, he’s the No. 1 overall pick for a reason. He’s got elite ability to throw the football from different platforms. He can make all the throws. But I think what really is special about him is the way that he’s wired mentally. He’s got an elite mental toughness. An extreme security in himself that doesn’t ride the wave of the inevitable ups and downs that you face as a quarterback. And I think he’s so authentic and genuine. His players love him. You look at the way that his Cal teammates, how excited they were when he was the No. 1 overall pick. You look at the way that his teammates respond to him here. And he’s just getting better and better. I mean, this offseason he’s continued to take steps, truly becoming an extension of the coaching staff. And a huge part of our success as a team the last couple years is due to his leadership and we’re so thankful to have him and I agree, Fred Los Angeles Rams Jerseys Stitched , it’s insane to think that he’s going anywhere. He’s stuck with me as long as I have say.”McVay maybe genuinely believe all of that. (Chris Simms doesn’t; he’s put Goff at No. 19 on the list of current NFL quarterbacks.) McVay also may be simply pumping up his guy, mindful of the reality that, in order to get the most out of a quarterback, the coach must zealously defend and promote him to anyone and everyone.Regardless, Tollner will print Goff’s assessment and laminate it for use in the negotiations with Rams COO Kevin Demoff, who will have to deal with McVay’s words when trying to peg a value for Goff’s contract.So the point I previously made still applies. There’s a chance that Goff will want more than the Rams will pay, and that the Rams will decide to pay another available veteran as much or less or to pay a rookie much, much David Edwards Jersey nfl draft , much less, thanks to the rookie wage scale. That won’t be known until Goff formulates what he wants. However, McVay’s words won’t make Goff want less, that’s for sure. Even Jared Goff seemed surprised by the Rams’ daring 4th-down gamble | Rams WireI thought it was Jared Goff that talked McVay into going for it, but apparently Goff and Whitworth weren’t in on the decision.Rams hopeful for return of Brandin Cooks and Cooper Kupp, but pleased with their replacements | OC RegisterNo one will argue that KhaDarel Hodge and Josh Reynolds didn’t hold their own when asked to fill some big shoes. And while I’m excited to see Cooper Kupp and Brandin Cooks back on the field, I also want to be sure they’re 100%. Concussions are no joke.The Seven Plays That Explain NFL Week 5 | The RingerThe Rams’ win assuring QB Sneak makes the list. Praised are McVay’s cajones for making the call and his overall aggressive play-calling style.Refocused, NFL Week 5: Los Angeles Rams 33 Custom David Edwards Jersey , Seattle Seahawks 31 | PFFTodd Gurley did good. Jared Goff started off rough but got it together. Marcus Peters... was there? Aaron Donald is the truth.Rams have a firm grip on NFC West into Week 6 | Niner’s NationLike I said last week, I love it when one our NFC West sister sites has to admit the Rams are great. Niner’s Nation continues to give me what I want.Cairo Santos gets redemption by kicking deciding field goal in Rams’ 33-31 victory over Seattle | LA TimesCairo Santos had a painful missed PAT, but made a 39 yarder through the uprights when it counted. 6 crazy stats from the Rams’ 33-31 win vs. Seattle | Rams WireThese ARE crazy, but not as crazy as the Rams still being undefeated 5 weeks in. I’m still not completely processing that.Perfect Rams respond when faced with adversity in Seattle | Fox SportsThe Rams got the “W” in Seattle, but it came at a price. Brandin Cooks and Cooper Kupp went out with concussions. Luckily, the Rams took the challenge in stride.

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz