Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 53 mal aufgerufen
 Erstes Unterforum
elaine95 Offline

03.01.2020 03:11
emphasis is fundamentals Antworten

DETROIT (AP)The Detroit Lions came up with a scheme to shut down Chicago’s running game and force Bears rookie quarterback Mitchell Trubisky to throw a lot. The plan worked perfectly. Chicago averaged less than 3 yards a carry and Trubisky threw three interceptions Saturday night Austin Bryant Jersey Womens , setting the Lions up for a 20-10 win that keeps them in the playoff picture. The Bears ran for a season-high 232 yards in their last game, a 33-7 win at Cincinnati, and had 222 yards rushing in a three-point loss to Detroit last month. ”We came out and punched them in the face,” Detroit cornerback Darius Slay said. ”That was the difference.” When Detroit narrowly escaped the Windy City with a win, Jordan Howard had 125 yards rushing and a score. In the rematch, he was limited to 37 yards on 10 carries and that played a part in the Bears being forced to try to move the ball through the air a lot. Trubisky had season highs in completions (31), attempts (46), yards passing (314) and interceptions (three) including two to Slay and one to safety Quandre Diggs in the end zone early in the fourth quarter. ”Last week we had a little juice, executed, had things rolling,” he said. ”It seemed like the opposite.” Here are some other takeaways from Detroit’s win: POSTSEASON POSITIOING The Lions (8-6) need to win their last two games, at Cincinnati and against Green Bay Austin Bryant Detroit Lions Jersey , and will need some favorable results by other teams to earn a second straight and third playoff appearance in four years. Carolina (9-4), New Orleans (9-4) and Atlanta (8-5) are all ahead of the Lions in the NFC playoff race, and they all beat Detroit to own a potential tiebreaker. ”What we did this week won’t matter if we don’t win next week,” Detroit receiver Golden Tate said. CONSERVATIVE COACHING Fox was questioned about an eyebrow-raising decision in each half. He punted on a fourth-and-1 from the Chicago 45 early in the second quarter, trailing 6-0. ”It’s not a no-lose situation because if we don’t make it, they’ve got the ball at our 45,” he said. ”Like I said, you could go for it, but you have to know that it can come back and bite you.” After Trubisky threw a 9-yard touchdown pass to Benny Cunningham to make it 20-10 with 2:32 left, cutting Chicago’s deficit to 10, Fox chose not to try an onside kick. ”We knew we had to score twice,” Fox said. ”So Austin Bryant Jersey 2019 , we felt we could stop them, score and then go for the onside kick the second time. That’s how you generally play that.” ON TARGET Matthew Stafford, who threw two touchdown passes, completed 25 of 33 passes for 237 yards without a turnover. He connected on 76 percent of his passes after having an 82-percent completion percentage over the previous two games. ”He’s been on a tear lately,” coach Jim Caldwell said. ”He’s been playing well for a while. He hangs in there, delivers the ball. He’s got some receivers making plays for him, too.” GETTING FLAGGED Four of Chicago’s 13 penalties gave Detroit first downs. ”Some of it was some new guys in because of some guys lost,” Fox said. ”That’s not an excuse. It’s just reality.” STEPPING UP Slay had two interceptions, giving him seven this season to surpass his previous career total of six from his first four seasons in the league. ”I’ve been supposed to make these kind of plays,” he said. ”At times in my career, I was knocking them down. So, I’m just going for the pick.” — ALLEN PARK Austin Bryant Jersey Mens , Mich. (AP) — The Detroit Lions have fallen into last place in the NFC North and there are signs they may have a hard time getting back into the division race.When coach Matt Patricia met with reporters on Monday, he didn’t wait for their questions on his team’s 24-9 loss to division rival Minnesota.“There’s a lot of corrections to be made, a lot of things we obviously have got to do better,” Patricia said in his opening remarks. “There were some good things on the tape, but just way too many bad things that overshadowed it.”Those good moments certainly would have been condensed to tiny snippets. The bad ones were splattered all over the game tape.On Monday night, the Lions fired special teams coordinator Joe Marciano.“I spoke to Joe and informed him of my decision to relieve him of his responsibilities with our team,” Patricia said in a statement. “I appreciate Joe’s leadership of our special teams units over the last three and a half seasons and have great respect for his many years of service as a coach in the National Football League. On behalf of our team and the entire coaching staff, I want to personally thank Joe for his commitment to the Detroit Lions and wish him and his family the best moving forward.”Detroit’s team has been in reverse lately.The Vikings (5-3-1) limited Detroit to a season-low 209 yards as the Lions (3-5) lost their second straight. Minnesota’s defense sacked Matthew Stafford a franchise-record 10 times.“I am embarrassed,” Lions center Graham Glasgow said. “It was a bad day for us, and our team. We need learn from this.”Detroit was held to single digits in points for the first time since a 17-6 loss to the New York Giants on Dec. 18, 2016. The Lions put together just two drives of more than 30 yards and were 4 for 15 on third downs.“What happens is as the season goes on and you have some success in certain areas, teams are going to gear up to try and stop those things that you do Womens Teez Tabor Jersey , and you’re going to have to do it differently,” Patricia said. “We’ve got to be able to handle those changes better than what we’re doing right now.”And on the other side, the Lions have allowed a run play of 40 or more yards in five games this season.“We’ve had weeks where we feel we didn’t necessarily perform on the one day of the week where we have to perform well,” Patricia said.As he readies his team for another division road game Sunday at against the NFC North-leading Chicago Bears (5-3), Patricia is convinced that player for player, his team matches up equally with every other team in the division.“I think we have a lot of good players on this team, I really do,” Patricia said.Patricia said talent isn’t the issue bringing down his team.“I would say with both offensive and defensive lines, the point of emphasis is fundamentals,” Patricia said. “Some of our fundamentals got out of whack. Some of our techniques weren’t necessarily where it needs to be on a consistent basis.“Fundamentals and execution is what’s holding us back now. That’s where we’ve got to start.”The problem he faces is that with the majority of practice time each week dedicated to game-planning, Patricia will be hard-pressed to find time to go back to basics with his team.After a 1-3 start, the Lions won two straight and looked to have righted their season. But these past two losses have them struggling again.“As a team http://www.lionslockerroom.com/authentic-nick-bellore-jersey , we need to get better,” receiver Marvin Jones said. “It is definitely disappointing, but at the same time, we just have to go out there and execute. We cannot shoot ourselves in the foot. I think we definitely did that and we just have to get better.”Lions offensive lineman Frank Ragnow perhaps summed up the state of the team as they reached the midseason point.“If you’re not taking a step forward in this league, then you’re taking a step back,” Ragnow said.

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz