Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 80 mal aufgerufen
 Zweites Unterforum
liny195 Offline

18.01.2020 03:49
They’re breathing easier in New Jersey Antworten

George Asafo-Adjei NFL Draft , Seattle, and the Motor City, and taking in some rarefied air in western New York.That’s what happens when your hapless, helpless and hopeless football teams suddenly turn nasty, effective and victorious.Most shocking, no doubt, was what the Bills did to the Vikings . After being the brunt of so many jokes the last two weeks following inept showings, then exacerbating it by tweeting an image of their helmet traveling to meet the Vikings’ helmet — in Wisconsin — the Bills dominated in Minnesota. To boot, they were 16-point underdogs, making them the sixth team in the last 81 games with such a spread to pull off an upset.Where did that come from?Well, cynics will say the Vikings were coming off that emotional tie with Green Bay and face the NFL’s most powerful squad in a short week when they host the Rams on Thursday night. The folks in Buffalo will tell you the Bills, who broke a 17-season drought of playoff appearances last winter, aren’t as bad as they’ve looked.“No one thought that we were going to come in here and play the way that we did, except the people in this locker room now,” offensive tackle Dion Dawkins said, and he was right, particularly about the oddsmakers. “We came into the game fueled and ready to play.”Say what you will about their forgettable first two outings, the Bills proved a lot Sunday. A team in turmoil, missing its best offensive player in injured running back LeSean McCoy George Asafo-Adjei Buffalo Bills Jersey , seemingly a sieve on defense, manhandled one of the Super Bowl favorites. With a raw rookie quarterback, too.“We really don’t really pay attention to what people think about us,” linebacker Lorenzo Alexander said. “It’s all about internal belief and confidence. If you listen to outside noise, we’d never win a game because nobody respects Buffalo at all. We have to continue to go out and earn that respect.”Eli Manning has earned plenty of respect — and two Super Bowl rings — in a borderline Hall of Fame career. What he’s earned the last year or so has been doubters that he had anything left.At Houston, he showed when given any sort of protection by the Giants, he can be productive and a winner. Manning was besieged in the first two defeats, either sacked or hit or pressured so much he barely got the snap before he was inundated. Against the Texans, and with 2015 first-round draft pick Ereck Flowers wisely benched at right tackle, Manning had some of the best numbers of his career: 25 for 29 for 297 yards and two touchdowns. He connected with nine receivers.“I thought we kind of condensed the offense a little bit and made sure guys knew what they were doing,” said Manning, pointing out without saying as much that the Giants were slow to react in losses to Jacksonville and Dallas. “Plays that they knew, they were playing fast, the offensive line was playing fast and we have good players, just let them go play. Let’s not try to be perfect and trick or do too much. Let our guys go win, because we got good athletes.”Seattle once had as talented a roster as any team, winning one Super Bowl that should have been two, and dominating the NFC West. With defections, injuries and retirements Infant Christopher Slayton Jersey , though, these Seahawks need to succeed with guile, grit and coaching acumen.In their first home game, the Seahawks showed they still have a huge advantage at CenturyLink Field, especially when they get going quickly. The Cowboys, coming off a masterful manhandling of the Giants last weekend, ran into a buzzsaw.The 24-13 whooping the Seahawks put on the Cowboys was reminiscent of past Pete Carroll teams. They played with an edge that has marked his squads since his Southern Cal days.“We were trying to get to our formula, and we just didn’t get started well in the first couple games,” Carroll said.“But this is how we want to play. “The day of relief was completed Sunday night when the Lions stunned the Patriots 26-10 as Matt Patricia got his first victory as a head coach — besting his boss while he was leading the New England defense, Bill Belichick.Detroit fans believed their team’s prospects heading into 2018 were solid in a tough division. Then they fell flat in the opener against the Jets — yes, the Jets won at Ford Field and the Patriots lost. Last week, the Lions lost at San Francisco.But now, a sigh of relief that could be felt along all the Great Lakes, and a further belief that Detroit can compete in an NFC North where the Vikings and Packers have struggled, too, and the Bears lead at 2-1.Followers of the Bills, Giants, Seahawks and Lions also can take comfort in knowing there are three 0-3 teams out there: the Raiders, Texans and Cardinals. They might even feel some empathy for fans in Oakland Christopher Slayton Jersey Draft , Houston and Arizona. If the Eagles had won Sunday, Jalen Mills likely would have been an afterthought. But they didn’t, so the cornerback is taking heat from fans.“I hear it from y’all. Y’all hear it from people. I don’t buy into it. It is what it is,” Mills, 24, said, via Les Bowen of philly.com. “I set a standard for myself last year, and that’s what people want to see. At the same time, I’m a perfectionist. I want to be perfect in everything I do.”Mills allowed a 68-yard completion to Adam Thielen to set up a field goal, biting on a double move. The Vikings receiver finished with seven catches for 116 yards as Minnesota passed for 298 yards.Thus, Mills and the secondary became the target of fan displeasure. Mills doesn’t care about what others outside the locker room say or think. He does care about playing better, playing his best.“I’m not worried about it,” Mills said of criticism. “At the end of the day, you’ve got to know who you are. You’ve got to know things are going to happen [to defensive backs].“At the same time, we set a standard for ourselves from last year. When you do set that standard for yourself, people expect you to play like that. You should expect yourself to play like that.”

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz