Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 76 mal aufgerufen
 Erstes Unterforum
jokergreen0220 Offline

13.02.2019 08:51
once he settled down after Antworten

Each week, The Reporters put their thumbs out to the good and the bad in the world of sports. Luca Sbisa Jersey . This week, they discuss the NFL and marijuana, Canadian world champion boxer Bermane Stiverne, Steve Kerrs choice for head coach and FIFA backtracking on Qatar 2022. Dave Naylor, TSN Radio 1050: My thumb is up to the National Football League which - according to reports this week - is planning to soften its penalties for players who test positive for marijuana. Look, even if youre part of the minority which still believes pot should be illegal, its not hard to see the hypocrisy here. The NFL is a down-and-dirty league, where all kinds of nasty stuff happens and players are often welcomed back to the field despite risky and dangerous behavior. And yet, as of now, Clevelands Josh Gordon will miss this coming season because he did something that is legal in two states and which many believe is a safer way to manage the pain associated with pro football than popping pills. What would the NFL be like if the league stopped testing for weed altogether? Well, we have a pretty good idea because in Canada the CFL does not list marijuana as a banned substance. And frankly, no one cares. The NFL has followed the CFLs lead when it comes to the forward pass, two-point converts and a few other things … its time to follow its lead on pot as well. Steve Simmons, Sun Media: My thumb is up Bermane Stiverne, and if you dont know the name, youre not alone. A week ago, Stiverne, the Haitian-born Montreal-raised boxer, won the WBC heavyweight championship. Once upon a time, that was a title that began with Sonny Liston and moved through Muhammad Ali and Joe Frazier and Larry Holmes and George Foreman and Mike Tyson and another Canadian of other countries, Lennox Lewis. It was the title of all titles not just in boxing, but in all of sport: heavyweight champion of the world. Somewhere in time that disappeared, just not the history; now its Stivernes time, after his sixth round stoppage of Chris Arreola in Los Angeles. He might be like Trevor Berbick, a one and done champion. But after all these years, we still remember Berbicks name. Michael Farber, Sports Illustrated: My thumb is up to Steve Kerr for a wise choice. Offered coaching positions with the Knicks and Warriors, the broadcaster took door no. 2, Golden State. The job might not be all rainbows and lollipops because Warrior players are angry former coach Mark Jackson was fired, but it is a better option than Madison Square Garden, the worlds most famous asylum. Kerr wont have to answer to bullying owner James Dolan or face inevitable second-guessing from Knicks president Phil Jackson, a fair coach himself. Golden state provides Kerr with a more talented roster and a better family situation, but mostly if offers a truly precious commodity - sanity. Dave Hodge, TSN: My thumb is down to soccers world governing body, FIFA for managing to sound dumber than its president, Sepp Blatter. Blatter has finally admitted that the selection of Qatar as the site of the 2022 World Cup was a mistake, which, until now, has been obvious to all but FIFA, because if the summertime heat makes it dangerous to watch a soccer match, its probably not a good idea to play in one. But, said Blatter, people do make mistakes. Well, an embarrassed FIFA spokesman tried to distance the organization from Blatters remarks by claiming that Blatter never actually said that Qatar was the wrong choice, which means that Blatter meant...... FIFA made the right choice and it was a mistake. They cant even stand this heat. Adidas Golden Knights Jerseys . Richard Jefferson scored 17 points and Diante Garrett had a career-high 15 points as the Jazz had seven players with 10 points or more in Utahs largest margin of victory this season. Brendan Leipsic Golden Knights Jersey . The two were in the batting cage moments before game time. Bautista was taking final warm up cuts. Pillar was hitting soft toss. The one-time utility player turned All-Star pulled aside the clubs young, fourth outfielder and offered him some advice. http://www.authenticgoldenknightsproshop.com/authentic-nate-schmidt-golden-knights-jersey/ .C. -- North Carolina State coach Mark Gottfried said his team had a "golden" opportunity to help its NCAA tournament chances.FORT ERIE, Ont. -- Eurico Rosa Da Silva has his Canadian Triple Crown. The veteran jockey took Coltimus Prime to the lead from the start, then cruised to a comfortable 3 1/2-length win in the $500,000 Prince of Wales Stakes on Tuesday night at Fort Erie Racetrack. With two Queens Plate crowns (09 with Eye of the Leopard and 10 aboard Big Red Mike) and a Breeders Stakes score (13 with Up With The Birds) already under his belt, the Prince of Wales was the lone Triple Crown event missing on Da Silvas resume. "Ive been riding 10 years in Canada . . . Ive finished second and third in this race before but I never won," he said. "For me, I am so grateful to win this race. "It was a very important race for me, Ive got my Triple Crown. Im so happy, its like a dream." The victory was also very special for trainer Justin Nixon, a 45-year-old native of Windsor, Ont., who got his start in at the Fort Erie oval and was based there from 1996 to 2002. "Its a dream come true," Nixon said following his biggest career victory. "Ive watched a lot of good horses run here and seen a lot of good horses get beat here. "Learning the game here . . . its something special to win the biggest race here." Nixon brought Coltimus Prime to Fort Erie last week to get acclimated to the track conditions and felt the horse was as ready for Tuesday nights race as he could possibly be. "We tried to do everything we could to put this horse in the best possible position to win," Nixon said. "He trained dynamite, hes eaten well, hes just done everything the way youd want a horse to going into a race." And Da Silva said it showed. "That was a great move bringing the horse here early," the jockey said. "The horse today knew everything he was doing, he just showed me the way." The dark bay, named after the leader of the Autobots from the Transformers series, was coming off a disappointing ninth-place finish in the Queens Plate behind filly winner Lexie Lou. But Coltimus Prime, a 5/1 pick, set the pace right from the start, with Da Silva admitting he kept waiting for other horses to challenge him, but it never came. "Justin told me to do what I want, I took the horse to the gate and he was sharp but very focused," the two-time Sovereign Award winner said. "I felt if it was a soft pace I would put him right in the lead and if somebody reallly chased I would take him back, it would be no problem because hes a very quiet horse. Pierre-Edouard Bellemare Golden Knights Jersey. . "But he went all the way, he was so happy . . . when I turned home, I didnt even wait. This is a long stretch but because I have so much horse it would be no problem. I was worried someone would make a run on him but I have so much horse it would be very tough to catch him." Lexie Lou didnt run in Tuesdays race. Coltimus Prime finished the 1 3/16-mile event in 1:54.58 on a fast track. Lynx, also a 5/1 pick, finished second ahead of Amis Holiday, the 8/5 favourite who started badly but rallied to take third in his first career start on dirt. The remainder of the field, in order of finish, included: Smart Spree; Rhythm Blues; East Side; Lions Bay; Ascot Martin; Matador; and Money Talks. Jockey Frankie Pennington moved Lynx behind Coltimus Prime at the quarter-mile point and felt he had the leader within range coming around the final turn. That is, until Coltimus Prime took off for home. "The winner was sitting easy," Pennington said. "I thought I had him going around the turn but when he opened up, he took off and we were just second-best today. "I had a good trip. (Lynx) handled the course great. We were sitting in a great spot and he ran a big race." Luis Contreras, the jockey aboard Amis Holiday, said his horse ran well once he settled down after the bad start. "My trip was fine after the first three-sixteenths (of a mile)," he said. "There were three or four horses outside of me that tried to get to the rail but I let my horse run. "After that I had a perfect trip. My horse was running really well at the end, he just ran out of room." Coltimus Prime paid $12.80, $6.50 and $3.90 while Lynx returned $6 and $3.80. Amis Holiday paid $2.70. Coltimus Prime earned his third win to go with two second-place efforts in nine career starts for earnings surpassing $414,000. The third and final jewel of the Canadian Triple Crown is the $500,000 Breeders Stakes on Aug. 17 at Woodbine. Nixon was non-commital about Coltimus Prime running in 1 1/2-mile turf event but didnt exactly endorse it, either. "We certainly wouldnt hesitate to try him again on dirt," he said. "I dont like running them on grass after they win on the dirt. "Well just play it by ear for now. Well enjoy today and not worry about whats next." Wholesale Hoodies NFL Shirts Outlet Jerseys NFL Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys Free Shipping Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz