Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 85 mal aufgerufen
 Zweites Unterforum
jokergreen0220 Offline

23.02.2019 09:51
LONDON -- Jose Mourinho is perhaps the only manager who can complete a season at Chelsea without a trophy and not face any calls Antworten

LONDON -- Jose Mourinho is perhaps the only manager who can complete a season at Chelsea without a trophy and not face any calls for his sacking or a fans revolt. Cheap Air Max From China . What a difference to the way Rafa Benitez was treated -- and the many managers before him. The Spaniard led Chelsea to the Europa League title last year -- a competition sneered at in England but still a leading honour -- and yet jeering supporters were still counting down the days until Mourinho would return to replace him. Yet it is Benitez, not his nemesis, ending this campaign with a trophy, having won the Italian Cup at Napoli. It seems that little, though, can diminish Chelseas infatuation with Mourinho, however dull the football has been at times this season, however antagonistic he has been toward referees, however much he has scolded his players in public. Mourinho knows he can get away with it, for now, without facing backlash from owner Roman Abramovich and the fans who spent so long calling for the return of the self-styled "Special One," who won all three domestic trophies at least once during his 2004-07 reign. Despite an acrimonious exit from Real Madrid after finishing last season without silverware, Mourinho points out how he rebuffed other employment opportunities to rekindle the Chelsea love affair. "I had lots of chances to have easy fairytales, I decided not to have it," Mourinho said after Chelseas realistic hopes of winning the Premier League ended on Sunday. "If I want to win leagues easily, I would choose another league. I would choose another club with another moment that in this moment Chelsea does not have. ... I chose with my heart every aspect the club I want, the club I love, a competition I like very much to play, a city where I like very much to live." Mourinhos missive: Be grateful I returned. Having exhausted so much energy during Mourinhos absence pleading "We want our Chelsea back," the fans can hardly complain that there will be no parade down Kings Road this year. Abramovich, who acceded to the crowds demands, has put away his axe after going through seven managers in the six years between Mourinhos reigns, and is giving the Portuguese the time to forge a new squad without instant silverware. "Chelsea had a fantastic decade but that team, step by step, is disappearing," Mourinho told the BBC. "I came in a moment when there is a transitional moment of the big players of the last decade. Some are not here (anymore) and some are at a certain age, and the younger players are at the beginning of a process." Captain John Terry, left back Ashley Cole, and midfielder Frank Lampard, whose contracts are expiring, were deeply emotional as the stalwarts left the pitch after Sundays final home game of the season, a drab 0-0 draw with Norwich. Chelsea would need Manchester City and Liverpool to lose their two remaining games while winning its own season-ender at Cardiff to win the title. Theres little chance of that happening, so the focus is on the summer transfer window when Mourinho has to bring in a goal-scorer -- Atletico Madrid striker Diego Costa is the top target -- to ensure Chelsea doesnt endure another campaign of malaise up front. Samuel Etoo has 14 goals, Fernando Torres 10, and Demba Ba eight. Thats just 32 goals between them. Luis Suarez has netted 30 alone for Liverpool despite missing the start of the season while completing a biting ban and not having European matches to augment his tally. "We dont have the kind of striker able to, in a short space, to make an action, to score a goal, to open the gate," Mourinho said in his latest public criticism of his players. Mourinho demands an attacking player with a "killer instinct". The caveat -- "respecting obviously that we have good strikers" -- seems half-hearted, but he has to extract good money for them to fund the squad rebuilding while working within UEFAs Financial Fair Play rules. Mourinho could test the limits of his bond with fans if he offloads winger Eden Hazard, who was crowned the leagues young player of the year but then rebuked for his performance in last weeks Champions League elimination against Atletico Madrid. In January, though, he sold Juan Mata, the clubs player of the year for the previous two seasons, to Manchester United, jettisoning a creative force from the squad. Have they missed Mata? Chelseas problem hasnt been beating title rivals, completing the double over Liverpool, crushing Arsenal 6-0 at home and drawing away, and winning at Manchester City. What has proved so costly is dropping points while unable to break down weaker teams. The stalemate against relegation-threatened Norwich followed draws in 2014 against West Ham and West Bromwich Albion. Aston Villa, Crystal Palace and Sunderland have also managed to beat the 2005, 2006 and 2010 league champions. "We had some limitations in terms of scoring enough goals to win all these kinds of matches against the teams with a more defensive approach," Mourinho acknowledged. "We know that we need a different kind of quality." It was said without a hint of irony, given the ultra-defensive tactics Mourinho employed in an attempt to exploit rivals on the counterattack. Next year, Mourinho will be expected to deliver more expansive football to thrill the crowds -- and a trophy. If he doesnt, perhaps even Chelsea fans will run out of patience with the "Special One." Cheap Air Max China . Strasburg (1-1) got 14 consecutive outs in one stretch and allowed only three hits, including Marcell Ozunas homer in the seventh. The right-handers lone walk was to the last batter he faced. Washingtons starter Wednesday, Jordan Zimmermann, left after a career-low 1 2-3 innings, leaving the bullpen "taxed," as manager Matt Williams put it. Cheap Air Max Wholesale .com) - NFL owners have unanimously approved the sale of the Buffalo Bills. http://www.cheapairmaxfromchina.us/ .The rookie goalie made 36 saves to help the Calgary Flames blank their Pacific Division rivals 1-0 on Saturday following a 48-hour ordeal that included lost baggage, a cancelled flight and a new pair of contact lenses.American businessman Randy Lerner put Aston Villa up for sale on Monday after eight years in control of the Premier League club, saying he was drained by the "week-in, week-out battles." Lerners future plans have been the subject of intense speculation following another season when the central England club -- the European Cup champion in 1982 -- came close to relegation. "I have come to know well that fates are fickle in the business of English football. And I feel that I have pushed mine well past the limit," Lerner said in a statement. "I feel further thatnow is the time for me to look for new ownership and thus new leadership." Lerner, the former owner of the NFLs Cleveland Browns, bought Villa in 2006 for 62.2 million pounds and pledged to return the club to the top of the English game. During his time as owner, Villa reached the League Cup final in 2010, losing to Manchester United, and finished sixth in the Premier League for three straight seasons from 2008-10 under manager Marrtin ONeill. Cheap Air Max China Wholesale. But since ONeills departure in 2010, Villas fortunes have tumbled and a youthful team managed by Paul Lambert has narrowly avoided relegation the last two years. It finished 15th in the 20-team league this season and is desperate for investment in new signings. "The last several seasons have been week-in, week-out battles," Lerner said in his statement. "Iowe it to Villa to move on, and look for fresh, invigorated leadership, if in my heartIfeelIcan no longer do the job." Villa has won the English league title seven times, most recently in 1981 -- the year before the team lifted the European Cup by beating Bayern Munich 1-0. Lerner is one of a slew of American owners of clubs in the lucrative Premier League, along with Stan Kroenke at Arsenal, the Glazer family at Manchester United, John Henry at Liverpool and Ellis Short at Sunderland. Fulham, which was relegated from the top flight this season, was bought by American businessman Shahid Khan last July. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz