Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 86 mal aufgerufen
 Zweites Unterforum
jokergreen0220 Offline

27.02.2019 07:52
media partner or being Antworten

VANCOUVER -- Chris Del Bosco still wouldnt change a thing. Cheap Air Jordan 1 Sale . The Canadian skicross racer appeared to have the bronze medal locked up in the mens final at the 2010 Vancouver Olympics, only to wipe out while trying to make a pass in the biggest moment of his career. Del Bosco made no apologies after that race, and is relishing his shot at redemption four years later. "Im known for some passes last minute ... most of the time it works out for me and on that day it didnt work out," said the 31-year-old Montreal resident. "I raced 100 per cent and thats how I do. Im not going to hold back and say OK here, we got this (bronze) locked up. Might as well just chill out. "I knew there was an opportunity for improvement and I took it. If I had to do it again I would do the same thing, just hope for a little different outcome." Del Bosco was among six athletes named Monday to a strong Canadian skicross team for next months Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia. "I never put third place or second place on a goal sheet," said Del Bosco. "I have pretty high expectations and Ive proven in the past I can make things happen when I need to." In fact, the entire Canadian skicross contingent -- which has a goal of earning medals in both the mens and womens races -- has shown an ability to make things happen. Joining Del Bosco on the team are Dave Duncan of London, Ont., Calgarys Brady Leman, Kelsey Serwa of Kelowna, B.C., Marielle Thompson of Whistler, B.C., and Georgia Simmerling of West Vancouver, B.C. The 24-year-old Serwa, who finished fifth in Vancouver behind Canadian gold medallist Ashleigh McIvor, said the competition to even make the team is fierce. "We push each other. I dont think our team would be as good if we didnt have ... motivation to really improve," said Serwa, won the world championship and X Games gold medal back in 2011. "We work really well together and I think thats really to our advantage." Serwa will be joined in the womens competition by the 21-year-old Thompson, the current World Cup leader, and the 24-year-old Simmerling, who suited up for Canada in alpine skiing at the 2010 Games. "Its really inspiring to look beside me and see the other two girls on my team, and the men too," said Serwa. "Everyone is just so dominant and so strong. "Its really cool to have the progression of watching where we came from and where we are now." On the mens side, the 31-year-old Duncan picked up his first two World Cup victories in December, while the 27-year-old Leman has five career World Cup podiums to his name. Leman -- who along with Duncan missed out on the sports Olympic debut in Vancouver because of injury -- is excited to get his first experience at a Games. "Im super proud and a little bit relieved," said Leman. "The way the last couple seasons have gone for me, Ive felt like I belong at the Olympics. "The Canadian freestyle team is just such a difficult team to make. Were so deep across all the disciplines." That talent, coupled with a sluggish start to the season, almost cost Del Bosco a spot in Sochi. The international ski federation allocates up to 26 spots for each country for all five freestyle disciplines. Del Bosco won the 2011 world championship and has two X Games gold medals to his name, but needed one podium finish in his final two races to make the Canadian team. The first event in France was cancelled due to weather, but he was still awarded top spot on the basis of his qualification time and his victory in his heat. Del Bosco then followed that up with a fifth-place finish the following day. "It was stressful, more after the fact knowing that I had put a good qualifier in," Del Bosco said of the cancelled race. "I was skiing really well and then it was called -- something completely out of my control. "I had faith that I put in all the work and I did everything I could on that day." McIvor, who attended Mondays announcement, said Canadians can expect Del Bosco to make the same move he did in Vancouver if the skier finds himself running third in the Sochi final. "I think you can depend on Chris to always give it his all and not settle for anything less than what he truly wants," said the 30-year-old McIvor, who retired in 2012 after a knee injury. "Hes definitely an all-or-nothing guy. "You have to be the most aggressive out there. What separates the good skicross athletes from the others is those who have that natural instinct to make good decisions under pressure and just keep on pushing." Cheap Air Jordan 1 China .Cowboys owner Jerry Jones seems to be leaning the fiscally responsible way.Let me put it like this: Its going to be a challenge, Jones said of re-signing both of Dallas biggest potential free agents. Discount Air Jordan 1 . "After consultation with the Team USA medical staff and officials, it was determined that he should return to Winnipeg as a precaution due to his previous injury history," Jets general manager Kevin Cheveldayoff said Wednesday in a statement. http://www.cheapairjordan1china.com/ . According to a report from the Vancouver Province, the Lions are expected to replace former DC Rich Stubler with defensive backs coach Mark Washington. LAS VEGAS -- NASCAR announced sweeping changes to the Hall of Fame election process Thursday, including tweaks that make Bill Elliott and Mark Martin immediately eligible for enshrinement. Among the six changes: Drivers are now eligible if they have competed for 30 or more years in NASCAR or turned 55 in the calendar year before nominating day. Previously, drivers were not eligible until they had been retired for three years, so drivers can continue to compete and still reach the hall. Martin, winner of 96 races across NASCARs three national divisions, has no plans at this time to race next year after 31 seasons in the Sprint Cup Series. Elliott, winner of the 1988 Cup title, is 58 but raced as recently as 2012. Two-time NASCAR champion Terry Labonte ran in five races in 2013, but is 57 and has competed in Cup for 36 years. Other drivers immediately eligible for Hall of Fame consideration include four-time Truck Series champion Ron Hornaday Jr., who still competes at age 55, and Ken Schrader, who said last months season finale at Homestead was his final race after 30 seasons. The ballot will also include only 20 nominees, down five from the first five classes. Also, any member of the nominating committee or voting panel who appeared on the previous years ballot or current years ballot will now be recused from participation in the nominating or voting process while they are on the ballot. Ned Jarrett, Bud Moore, Junior Johnson are active Hall of Fame voters and were on the panel when they were elected. Jerry Cook is a present voter and has consistently been on the Hall of Fame ballot. Those were the only direct changes to enshrinement as NASCAR passed on forming a veterans committee or if fewer than five should be inducted each year. "We have decided that that time has not yet arrived, but we will give strong consideration to revisiting both of those propositions after the 10th class is seated," said chief communications officer Brett Jewkes. "This year well be seating the fifth class. Long story short, those are viable things. There was a lott of debate, a lot of discussion, but weve made the decision that we wont revisit those until the 10th class is seated. Cheap Authentic Air Jordan 1. quot; NASCAR has also established the "Landmark Award for Outstanding Contributions" that will begin with the 2015 class. Potential recipients could include competitors or those working in the sport as a member of a racing organization, track facility, race team, sponsor, media partner or being a general ambassador. Landmark Award winners will remain eligible for Hall of Fame induction. Five nominees for the Landmark Award will be selected by the halls nominating committee. The winner must appear on at least 60 per cent of the ballots. Beginning next year, the nominating committee will meet in person to create its ballots for both the Hall of Fame and the Landmark Award. The committee previously submitted nominees via mail to an independent accounting firm. The nominating committee will meet Feb. 21 in Daytona. NASCAR previously announced that the reigning Sprint Cup champion will be an eligible Hall of Fame voter starting with the 2015 class. Six-time champion Jimmie Johnson will be the first active driver to cast a ballot in voting next year. All of the changes were made after NASCAR examined the election process via discussions with current panelists. "A couple things we learned through this process is that our process right now is incredibly strong and comparable to other sports halls of fame," Jewkes said. "We feel very strongly about the strength of our process, and thats been borne out in the fact that we have five classes that we think are an exceptional reflection of the history of the sport. What came out of this process, it really magnified the caution we should take in comparing ourselves to other sports halls of fame. "Bottom line is our sport is very unique, the industry is very unique, the structure of our ownership and competition and the feeder series and everything in our sport is very, very unique, and therefore our process will always be a little bit unique." ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz