Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 70 mal aufgerufen
 Zweites Unterforum
jokergreen0220 Offline

06.03.2019 07:57
LOS ANGELES -- A pair of Cy Young Awards, three straight major league ERA titles, a 20-win season -- and now a no-hitter. [url=h Antworten

LOS ANGELES -- A pair of Cy Young Awards, three straight major league ERA titles, a 20-win season -- and now a no-hitter. Wholesale Jordans Free Shipping . There isnt much more for Dodgers ace Clayton Kershaw to accomplish besides winning a World Series ring. Kershaw dominated the Colorado Rockies on Wednesday night, striking out a career-high 15 and allowing his only baserunner on a throwing error by shortstop Hanley Ramirez in Los Angeles 8-0 victory. Kershaws gem gave the Dodgers both no-hitters in the majors this season. Josh Beckett tossed one May 25 in Philadelphia. "I am so amazed," Kershaw said. "Beckett told me he was going to teach me how to do that, so I have Josh to thank." Cheered on by his wife in the stands, Kershaw (7-2) retired his first 18 batters before Corey Dickerson led off the seventh with a slow bouncer to Ramirez. His throw on the run went wide past first baseman Adrian Gonzalez for a two-base error -- ending any chance for a perfect game. But that was it for the Rockies against the 26-year-old Kershaw, who shrugged off the miscue and came oh-so-close to pitching the 22nd perfecto in the majors since 1900. "He had command of everything. I told him between innings: Its not fair when you have a devastating slider and a devastating curveball in the same night," Dodgers catcher A.J. Ellis said. "And when he does that, nights like this are really possible." One batter after Dickerson reached base, rookie third baseman Miguel Rojas backhanded Troy Tulowitzkis grounder behind the bag and let fly with a strong throw to first that Gonzalez -- a three-time Gold Glove winner -- scooped out of the dirt to keep the no-hitter intact. And with the crowd of 46,069 on its feet and roaring, Kershaw made quick work of the Rockies in the ninth. DJ LeMahieu grounded out to first base on the first pitch and Charlie Culberson hit a lazy fly to right field on the next one. Dickerson then saw four straight strikes and went down swinging. The only pitcher to have more strikeouts in a no-hitter was Hall of Famer Nolan Ryan, according to STATS. "Ive seen some great pitching performances, but its tough to be any better than Kershaw," Colorado manager Walt Weiss said. After his 107th and final pitch, a beaming Kershaw raised his arms above his head and waited for a huge hug from Ellis. "I started tearing up out there in the ninth inning, just sitting out there catching and watching him throw after he got those first two outs," Ellis said. "It was pretty special." "Its something you never forget," he added. "Its a game Ill watch on replays with my kids forever." Moments later, as he was about to be interviewed on the field, Kershaw was doused by teammates with two large buckets. The left-hander with the big-breaking curve also got a big hug from his wife. Kershaw, who signed a $215 million, seven-year contract in the off-season -- a record for a pitcher -- gave Los Angeles sports fans their second memorable thrill in just a few days. The Kings won the Stanley Cup at home last Friday night, their second NHL championship in three years, and brought the famous trophy to Dodger Stadium on Tuesday for a pregame ceremony. The next night, Kershaw took over. The only other time the Dodgers pitched two no-hitters in one season was 1956, when the team was still in Brooklyn. Carl Erskine and Sal Maglie turned the trick that year. Hall of Famer Sandy Koufax, who tossed four no-hitters, pitched the franchises lone perfect game on Sept. 9, 1965, against the Chicago Cubs. "I guess I havent really thought of the ramifications of throwing one of these things, but its definitely special company," Kershaw said. "Its pretty cool." Ramirez was back in the lineup after leaving Tuesday nights game with a bruised ring finger on his throwing hand, the result of a sharp grounder by Dickerson than deflected into short centre field for a double. Ramirez was replaced on defence by rookie Carlos Triunfel to start the eighth. Kershaw missed more than six weeks early this year because of a strained muscle in his upper back, after beating Arizona in the season opener during the Dodgers two-game trip to Australia. It was the 22nd no-hitter in Dodgers history -- more than any other team -- and the first at home since Ramon Martinezs 2-0 gem against the Marlins on July 14, 1995. "His stuff was phenomenal tonight. I think all the guys said that. We tip our hats to him," Dickerson said. The day after Becketts no-hitter, teammate Hyun-Jin Ryu took a perfect game into the eighth inning against Cincinnati before giving up a leadoff double to Todd Frazier. "As far as individual games go, this is really special. To do it at home is more amazing," Kershaw said before looking up and thanking the crowd. Kershaw received a standing ovation when he came to bat in the eighth, and another one minutes later after finishing the job against one of baseballs top lineups. Playing their home games at hitter-friendly Coors Field, the Rockies began the day leading the majors in batting average, hits, total bases, on-base percentage and slugging percentage. They were first in the NL in runs and homers. "There are some guys in that lineup that give him fits," Ellis acknowledged. "But the way he made those guys look tonight was a testament to how good his stuff was. He was pretty dialed in and pretty locked in -- especially as the game progressed." Rojas also supported Kershaw with his bat, hitting a three-run double while continuing to fill in for injured third baseman Juan Uribe. Gonzalez and Matt Kemp each drove in two runs, helping the Dodgers complete their first three-game sweep at home this season. Jorge De La Rosa (6-6) threw 86 pitches over 3 1-3 innings and was charged with eight runs, six hits and five walks. The left-hander is 0-3 with an 8.19 ERA in his last four starts after going 6-0 with a 1.80 ERA during his previous seven outings. NOTES: Ryan threw a record seven no-hitters. He whiffed 17 batters in one of them, 16 in another and 15 in yet another. Warren Spahn (15) and Don Wilson (15) were the only other pitchers with 15 strikeouts in a no-hitter, STATS said. ... San Francisco LHP Jonathan Sanchez was the previous pitcher to throw a no-hitter with the only baserunner reaching on an error, in July 2009 against San Diego, STATS said. ... The last time the Rockies were held hitless, it was by Dodgers pitcher Hideo Nomo on Sept. 17, 1996. The only other no-hitter against Colorado was pitched by Al Leiter of the Marlins four months earlier. Cheap Jordans Wholesale China . The Raptors general manager has his list of possible draft selections whittled down to a handful ahead of Thursday nights NBA draft in Brooklyn, New York. The Raptors, who have auditioned dozens of players over the past couple of weeks, have the 20th overall pick in the first round, as well as the 37th and 58th picks in the second. Cheap Wholesale Jordans Free Shipping .C. -- The Carolina Hurricanes have activated defenceman Joni Pitkanen from injured reserve. http://www.cheapjordansfastshipping.com/ . It led to his downfall on Tuesday. The Major League Soccer club fired Rennie after a second straight up-and-down season that saw the Whitecaps start strong before limping across the finish line. WASHINGTON -- Even with the teams "X-factor" suspended, the Washington Wizards had a No. 42 sitting next to the bench. The 57-year-old with greying hair couldnt box out or grab a rebound, but owner Ted Leonsis waved his red towel and egged on a cheering crowd that chanted "Free Nene!" The Wizards did just fine without the suspended Brazilian forward. They scored the first 14 points and beat the Chicago Bulls 98-89 on Sunday to take a 3-1 lead in the Eastern Conference series. "I thought it was pretty hilarious that Ted had Nenes jersey on," Wizards guard Bradley Beal said. "It kind of threw me off for a minute, but then I looked and seen it was Ted." Nene or not, the Wizards did what theyve done all series: Take a quick lead and force the Bulls to use up energy trying to catch up. It was 15-8 in Game 3, 29-12 in Game 2, 19-13 in Game 1. Washington, seeking to win a playoff series for only the third time since the 1970s, can finish off the Bulls on the road in Game 5 on Tuesday night. "We keep seeing this same kind of start for the last couple of games, and its frustrating," said Taj Gibson, who came off the bench to lead the Bulls with a career-high 32 points. "It seems like at times we get overhyped with just thinking were going to be OK, were just that good. But in this league its not about how talented you are, its about how hard you work and how much effort you put when you start the game off, and I dont think we did that." Nene was suspended for the game after grabbing Jimmy Butlers head in the fourth quarter of the Wizards Game 3 loss. Wall called Nene the "X-factor" this week, and for good reason: Since the March 2012 trade that brought Nene to D.C., Washington is 65-63 when he plays and 21-41 when he doesnt. That said, the club did hold its own by winning 12 of 21 when Nene went down with a knee injury late in the regular season, an absence coach Randy Wittman said might have been a "blessing in disguise" that helped prepare them for Sunday. "I saw our guys bond together," Wittman said. "Like, Thats OK, all right. Big fellows not going to be here, but thats OK. And we were in tune right froom the start. Cheap Air Jordans Fast Shipping. " Trevor Ariza, getting some of the early looks that might have gone to Nene, scored a career playoff-high 30 points, making 6 of 10 3-pointers. Beal had 18 points, and John Wall added 15 points and 10 assists for the Wizards, who forced 16 turnovers and committed only six. "I think were a smart enough group to understand that when one of your pieces goes down, you have to find ways and will to win," Ariza said. "Tonight was my night to take on the scoring load." Gibson went 13 for 16 from the field for Chicago, but his teammates combined to go 22 for 62. He made more field goals in the first half (8) than the rest of the Bulls combined (7). Mike Dunleavy, who scored 35 points in Game 3, scored only six. Dunleavy jammed his left thumb attempting to take a charge in the fourth quarter. The thumb was swollen and was X-rayed after the game, but he said he didnt think it was broken. "It probably doesnt really matter," he said. "Its my left hand and its not going to make a difference for me." Chicagos Kirk Hinrich committed four turnovers, and NBA Defensive Player of the Year Joakim Noah had a quiet 10 points and 15 rebounds against the Nene-less frontcourt. Washington stormed to a 14-0 lead, with Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau calling a timeout after each Wizards "touchdown." "Very disappointing to get in a hole like that," Thibodeau said. "I put that on me, and Ive got to get it right. ... Its got to change or our season will be over." Trevor Booker started in Nenes spot and had nine rebounds and three blocks. Beal called Booker "a huge X-factor" -- apparently the Wizards are cornering the market on that particular commodity. "Just because they didnt have Nene," Gibson said, "they just came out and played even harder." Notes: Arizas six 3-pointers tied a Wizards playoff record. ... Wittman, who played during the Detroit Pistons "Bad Boys" era, was asked to compare todays game to those rough-and-tumble days. "Not even close," Wittman said. "Its like sixth-grade flag football compared to NFL tackle football." ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz