Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 74 mal aufgerufen
 Erstes Unterforum
jokergreen0220 Offline

12.01.2019 09:43
SAN DIEGO -- The San Diego Padres struggling offence finally had a breakout performance -- 37 games into the season. [url=http:/ Antworten

SAN DIEGO -- The San Diego Padres struggling offence finally had a breakout performance -- 37 games into the season. Bill Bates Jersey . Jedd Gyorko hit two home runs off Jose Fernandez, including a grand slam, in the Padres 10-1 rout of the Miami Marlins on Friday night. Gyorko had a career-high six RBIs as the majors worst offence scored its season high in runs and had its first genuine laugher. "Im trying to think, have we had one?" Padres manager Bud Black asked. "Those type of games happen and its rare that we have only had one. There are two ways to look at it for me. On the positive side, there is more of that to come." For Gyorko, the win had more meaning coming less than 24 hours after his key error preceded Giancarlo Stantons go-ahead two-run homer in the 11th inning of the Marlins 3-1 win Thursday night. "That was probably one of the lowest points of my career, to be honest," Gyorko said. "To pretty much cost your team a game, its good to bounce back. Its good to show that resiliency." Gyorko, who came into the game hitting just .146, connected for a two-run shot in the second and a grand slam in the sixth. "Hopefully, a game like this can jump-start an offence," Gyorko said. "Its still to be determined." The Padres hope this game can spark the 25-year-old Gyorko, whom they signed to a five-year, $35 million contract extension last month. "Guys are capable of those types of performances," Black said. "Not that Jedd is going to hit two homers and hit a grand slam, but hes capable of knocking in some runs." The Padres, who came in averaging a major league-low 2.6 runs per game, snapped a three-game losing streak. It was their highest-scoring game since a 12-2 victory over Arizona last Sept. 25. San Diego sent 11 men to the plate during a six-run sixth inning that broke it open. The Padres previous high for runs in a single game this season was six. The run support was not lost on starter Tyson Ross (4-3), for whom the Padres had scored more than three runs just twice in his previous seven starts. "Its huge early in the game," he said. "The hitters did a great job with their approach. They had some good at-bats early and got on the board and really broke it open." Fernandez (4-2) was charged with six runs on six hits in five-plus innings. The right-hander, who won the NL Rookie of the Year award last season, was 2-0 with a sparkling 0.60 ERA in his previous four starts. "It was a tough one," Fernandez said. "I was trying to do what I do, go out there and compete. But mostly my stuff wasnt there today, my fastball really wasnt there." Miami manager Mike Redmond knew it right away. "It just wasnt his night. You could tell from the first inning on he was up in the zone and they hit some balls hard off him," Redmond said. "We really didnt get anything going offensively either and we didnt help him there." Ross was working on a shutout before Marcell Ozuna homered in the seventh inning. The righty allowed four hits and struck out eight in seven innings. Tim Stauffer and Kevin Quackenbush each pitched an inning to close out the combined four-hitter. San Diego won for just the third time in 10 games and snapped the Marlins five-game winning streak. Gyorkos fourth homer in the second came after Yasmani Grandal reached on a throwing error by first baseman Garrett Jones. Everth Cabrera sparked the Padres biggest inning of the season with a leadoff single in the sixth. Seth Smith singled and Grandal walked to load the bases for Gyorko, who turned on a 2-0 fastball and hit it into the second deck of the Western Metal Supply Building down the left-field line. It was Gyorkos second career multi-homer game and his second grand slam. Fernandez had beaten the Padres in two previous starts by giving up just five hits in 14 2-3 scoreless innings with 18 strikeouts. NOTES: Marlins RHP Carlos Marmol was struck in the back by a ball off Kyle Blanks bat while stretching during San Diegos batting practice. Marmol said he was fine. ... Barring an injury, Padres 3B Chase Headley (strained right calf) will be activated from the 15-day DL on Saturday. Headley was scheduled to play Friday night with Single-A Lake Elsinore. ... The San Diego State mens basketball team that won the Mountain West Conference regular-season title and reached the Sweet 16 in the NCAA tournament was honoured before the game. ... Marlins RHP Nathan Eovaldi (2-1, 2.78 ERA) opposes Padres LHP Eric Stults (1-3, 5.40) on Saturday night. Terrance Williams Jersey . Colorado came up big against Chicago last spring, and repeated that performance Tuesday night. Varlamov stopped 36 shots and Paul Stastny had a goal and an assist for the Avalanche in a 5-1 victory over the Blackhawks. Chuck Howley Jersey . - The Kansas City Royals are hoping All-Star catcher Salvador Perez will be back in a few days. http://www.officialdallascowboysfootball.com/authentic-geoff-swaim-jersey-womens . Trailing 2-1 from the first leg, Fiorentina levelled on aggregate in the 14th minute when Joaquin Sanchez Rodriguez headed back a long ball from David Pizarro and Pasqual smashed home an angled volley.MONTREAL - The Ottawa Senators can go into the NHL regular season feeling pretty good about themselves.The Senators completed a two-game sweep of the rival Canadiens with a 4-2 NHL pre-season victory on Saturday night, a day after beating Montreal 3-2 in overtime on home ice.Mika Zibanejad and David Legwand scored power-play goals in the third period to erase a 2-1 Montreal lead.Sometimes pre-season doesnt matter at all, there are no points involved, but its a good chance to get a feeling for the locker room, said Zibanejad. To win these two games against the Habs, our rivals, and the way we did it shows the mentality we have, how we react as a group. Thats a good sign.Mike Hoffman scored in the first period and Curtis Lazar had an empty-net goal with nine seconds left to play for Ottawa, which went 4-3 in the pre-season.Max Pacioretty and Andrei Markov put pucks past Craig Anderson for the Canadiens, who were 4-2-1.After the game, Montreal assigned defenceman Darren Dietz and forward Christian Thomas to AHL Hamilton.They were two players who opened our eyes in camp, said coach Michel Therrien. They both had injuries last season, so we didnt know them that well, but they came in and played well and worked hard.The Canadiens still must cut a goalie, one defenceman and a forward before the roster deadline on Tuesday, but Therrien said they would take their time to make their decisions.A player on the bubble is six-foot-six defenceman Jarred Tinordi, who struggled in camp but closed it with what Therrien called his best game. The Canadiens must decide whether to keep Tinordi or aging veteran Francis Bouillon, who is in camp on a tryout. They also must decide between Dustin Tokarski and Peter Budaj as backup to goalie Carey Price and whether to keep newcomers Jiri Sekac or Jacob de la Rose, who have both been sollid. Byron Jones Jersey. Sekac appears to have the edge, but Therrien had high praise for de la Rose.Its surprising how well he understands his position, said Therrien. He was very well developed in Sweden.Ottawa, whose Binghamton AHL club is currently training in France, did not announce any cuts.The Senators controlled the early minutes and got the first goal at 11:56 when Tinordi lost the puck in his zone and Hoffman put it past Price with a shot that went off a stick.Pacioretty scored from the front of the net on a power play at 13:19 and P.K. Subban ragged the puck through the Ottawa zone and set up Markov for a shot into an open side at 19:58.Zibanejad tied in on a power play 8:19 into the third when he jumped on a loose puck and scored with a blast from the high slot.I didnt really expect it, said Zibanejad. I saw the puck was trickling out and Milan (Michalek) did a great job of dragging two guys to him, so I was wide open. I just closed my eyes and shot.Legwands pass attempt came back to him off Alexei Emelins skate and he shot into an open side with Price moving the other way.The 19-year-old Lazar may have moved closer to making the team was he was sent on to protect a lead in the final minute and ended up scoring a goal.There were a couple of passes, a couple of reads I need to makes differently, but Im comfortable with how my games come along, said Lazar. Notes a€” Canadiens right winger P.A. Parenteau left in the first period with a lower body injury and did not return, centre Lars Eller sat out with a lower body injury. Therrien said both players should be ready for the season opener Wednesday in Toronto.. . . Montreal sat out defenceman Nathan Beaulieu to take another look at Tinordi. . . Chris Neil, Chris Phillips, Marc Methot, Alex Chiasson and Erik Condra werent in Ottawas lineup. China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Online Stitched Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Outlet College Jerseys For Sale Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys For Sale Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz