Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 79 mal aufgerufen
 Erstes Unterforum
jokergreen0220 Offline

12.03.2019 08:40
Over the weekend, one of the most dramatic moments in recent Toronto pro sports took place Friday night. [url=http://www.cheapbl Antworten

Over the weekend, one of the most dramatic moments in recent Toronto pro sports took place Friday night. Kendrys Morales Jersey . The Toronto Argonauts trailed the Hamilton Tiger Cats by 13 points with less than three minutes to play, before rallying for a dramatic come-from-behind win capped by Ricky Ray throwing a 69- yard touchdown pass to win it. You may have heard about it, but chances are you didnt see it if you live in Toronto. Even less a chance that you were there to see it live. And when you go back to work tomorrow, it wont be what everyone is talking about. In a football city, with a real football beating heart, it would be all the buzz. If this were Regina, Winnipeg, Calgary … even Vancouver, such an ending to a rivalry game would create ripples that would last for days if not all week. But not here in Toronto the worst football city in North America. Dont believe me? Where else is there a city where the matter of a football team winning or losing isnt a matter of concern for most of the citys sports fans. Nowhere, thats where. Except here. Because everywhere else in the US or Canada theres a pro or college football teams that captures the souls of the local populace. And think about it, every type of football entertainment there is has failed in Toronto. The Argos havent penetrated the citys mainstream sporting consciousness since the early 1980s. The university game at York University or the University of Toronto draws flies to watch teams that are usually not competitive. They used to play the Vanier Cup in Toronto but unless a local team was involved, the crowds were embarrassingly small. The NCAA held a college game here called the International Bowl but it turned into a money-loser. And even the mighty NFL, the mighty NFL, flopped here when the Bills in Toronto series turned out to be a fiasco. The most popular sport in North America, a money sport across the continent, is a consistent money loser in Toronto where there is simply no football rallying point. Would it be different if the city ever got an NFL team? Absolutely it would. But those prepared to count on that happening someday have to be considered dreamers. And dont tell me that this is a great football town because everyone supports their own NFL team which adds up to a massive collective fandom. Thats true, but its also completely soulless and adds absolutely nothing to the fabric of this city because there is no rallying point, no common thread. Thats what every other city has, except ours. Toronto is a wonderful place to live. A place with great music and theater, restaurants and nightlife and sports. Yes our home city has an awful lot going for it. But gawd, it sure aint a football town. Cheap Blue Jays Jerseys . It was the start of one nice night for the goalie and the Minnesota Wild. Backstrom made 33 saves in his first win of the season and the Wild defeated the Chicago Blackhawks 5-3 on Saturday in a rematch of their first-round playoff series. Jesse Barfield Jersey .com) - The Detroit Pistons and Boston Celtics both entered Wednesday nights game riding lengthy losing streaks. http://www.cheapbluejaysjerseys.com/ . Jim Leyland, in his eighth playoffs, has never had a starting rotation he trusts as much as the grouping of Max Scherzer, Justin Verlander, Anibal Sanchez and Doug Fister.ANAHEIM, Calif. -- Mike Trout keeps padding his stats with 1 1/2 weeks to go until the All-Star break. He homered leading off the ninth inning after the Los Angeles Angels twice rallied to tie the game, giving them a 7-6 victory over the Houston Astros on Friday night. Trout sent an 0-2 pitch from Tony Sipp over the wall in left centre field and charged into a celebratory mob at home plate. Teammate Erick Aybar doused Trout with a blue sports drink, staining his white uniform, and fans chanted "MVP! MVP!" "The adrenaline rush you get when it goes out, its something special. Its always good to come up big," Trout said. "What a comeback. We were up three, they came back and scored five, and we just kept fighting." It was Trouts second career walkoff hit, both of them homers. The American League player of the month for June hit his team-leading 20th homer, and has eight homers in his last 18 games. Trout became the eighth Angels player with 20 or more homers and at least 60 RBIs before the All-Star break, and the first since Vladimir Guerrero in 2004. "Its one of those things where you see the pitch and see the swing, and you say to yourself, Theres not many players in our game that can do what he did with that pitch," Astros manager Bo Porter said. Trout figures to start in centre field in the All-Star game on July 15 in Minneapolis. Joe Smith (3-0) got the victory for the Angels, who have won eight in a row at home for the first time since Sept. 16-24, 2005, and have the majors best record at home. Los Angeles has won 11 of 14 overall. Sipp (1-1) took the loss for the Astros, who dropped their fifth in a row. "I went at him with my best stuff," Sipp said about Trout. "But even when you make a good pitch sometimes, a guy of that calibre will put a good swing on it." Houstons Jose Altuve, who came in leading the AL in hits, stolen bases and batting average, went 0 for 5 with a strikeout. The Angels blew a 3-1 lead in the third and then trailed 6-5 on Albert Pujols 5100th career homer -- a two-run shot -- in the fourth. Roy Halladay Jersey. They tied it 6-all in the seventh on Howie Kendricks RBI double off the right field wall that scored Pujols, who singled leading off. Pujols was 3 for 4, and Kendrick went 4 for 4. "You never know whos going to step up," Trout said. "Howie came up with a big double, I put a good swing on it in the ninth and it went out. Im going to swing if its close." The Astros led 1-0 in the second on Chris Carters homer. They took a 6-3 lead in the fourth on George Springers two-run homer and a three-run shot by Jon Singleton. Angels starter C.J. Wilson continued to struggle. The left-hander has failed to pitch more than five innings in four of his last seven starts. He gave up six runs and seven hits in 4 1-3 innings, struck out six and walked one. Wilson was watching game video in another room afterward. Houston starter Dallas Keuchel allowed five runs and 13 hits in five innings, struck out one and walked one. The left-hander was scratched last Saturday against Detroit because of left wrist inflammation. He was making his first appearance since June 22, when he allowed five runs -- four earned -- in a 5-2 loss to Tampa Bay. "That was very disappointing on my part," Keuchel said. "The offence did more than enough to come out with a win, and I just didnt do my part. I havent been too good as of late, so I guess I have to go back to the drawing board and figure some stuff out." NOTES: Trout became the 13th major league player aged 22 or younger with 20 or more homers before the All-Star break. ... Houston activated RHP Josh Fields from the 15-day DL after he went on it because of soreness in his right forearm. ... The Astros traded RHP Andrew Robinson to Atlanta for a player to be named or cash considerations. ... The Angels improved to 28-29 on the Fourth of July, including 14-14 at home. ... Los Angeles won on a walkoff single by Aybar on July 4, 2013. ... The announced crowd of 43,557 was the Angels fourth sellout of the season. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz