Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 76 mal aufgerufen
 Erstes Unterforum
zhangzk Offline

28.04.2019 03:38
Confused about the Indians’ inaction this offseason? Antworten

Me too. Here’s a possible explanation"When you think back to your favorite Indians teams of the Terry Francona era http://www.indiansfanproshop.com/authentic-b.j.-upton-jersey , some odd roster decisions probably come to mind. Mike Aviles coming to plate 335 times from 2013 to 2015, Melky Cabrera consistently taking at-bats away from Greg Allen, and Michael Martinez doing, well, anyway are some of the first oddities that pop up. Abraham Almonte, David Murphy, Ryan Raburn on even years — there are countless times in the past few years that a backup player seemed to get just a little more playing time than they probably should. Often times it came at the expense of letting a young player develop, and always it came more expensive than just letting a minimum wage rookie take his hacks. No matter how you want to spin the Indians’ lack of urgency this offseason, they’ve gone out of their way to avoid signing the type of plug-and-play veterans (or the “dumpster diving” as some fans so lovingly put it) that Terry Francona seems to love so much — and it might be for the better. As much I love Tito and all he brings to the table, not giving him these well-over-30 players to block younger players who could contribute for the next five or more years might be the best thing they could do. It’d be great if Chris Antonetti could just throw up his hands and say screw it, let’s sign Bryce Harper to fix the outfield — but short of that, I’m fine with the team not plunking down money for the likes of Adam Jones Roberto Perez Jersey , Austin Jackson, or Melky Cabrera (again). Not because I care how the Indians spend their money — it’s not mine, and they have plenty — but the idea of a younger player who is going to be here for several years catching on is much more enticing than seeing Veteran X do well for a month and fade away down the stretch. Again. Jones. Oh, and he’s only making $500,000 this season. There’s also the possibility of Oscar Mercardo, whom the Indians nabbed from the Cardinals at last year’s trade deadline, panning out to be a decent center fielder. And of course don’t forget the possibility of Greg Allen or Bradley Zimmer playing anywhere near their potential with another season — hopefully a healthy one — under their belt. All are tremendous risks, but all are costing the Indians basically nothing to bet on with the safety blanket of the trade deadline waiting for them. If the plan really is to just gamble on one or more of them panning out into something by July 31, then making a last-minute trade, it makes sense to stack the deck with cheap, young players with upside and not give your manager a chance to block them at every turn. MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Gary Sanchez was struggling since coming off the disabled list, and the New York Yankees were off to a so-so September start.Facing the Minnesota Twins seems to be a cure-all.Sanchez had three hits Eddie Robinson Jersey , including a mammoth home run, J.A. Happ tossed six shutout innings and the Yankees continued their mastery of the Twins with a 7-2 win on Monday night.Could his first three-hit game since April 16 be a turning point for the catcher hitting .189?“I’ve hit the ball very hard all season and I haven’t got the results I wanted. If this is what it takes for me to find a good streak here or a good positive streak, yeah, why not,” Sanchez said through an interpreter.New York has beaten Minnesota nine straight times, including last year’s wild card game, outscoring the Twins 66-23. The Yankees are 20-4 in the teams’ meetings since July 25, 2015.The Yankees, 5-4 in the season’s final month, increased their lead over idle Oakland to three games for the first AL wild-card spot.Happ (16-6) allowed six hits and struck out three. Acquired from Toronto on July 26, the left-hander has allowed two or fewer runs in six of eight starts for New York, going 6-0 with a 2.70 ERA.“I ran into a couple outings before I came over where I really wasn’t getting strike one as much as I needed to http://www.indiansfanproshop.com/authentic-b.j.-upton-jersey ,” he said. “Tonight, I felt like I was ahead in the count a lot and kind of forced them to be aggressive and swing.”Kyle Gibson (7-13) allowed four hits and one earned run in 5 2/3 innings. He was one batter away from tossing six shutout innings before Sanchez crushed low 2-2 fastball 460 feet into the third deck in left field.“We’ve talked before about a guy’s sweet spot, and some guys like the ball down and that’s probably on the fringe of where he likes the ball the most,” Gibson said.Before the bomb, Sanchez was 3 for 29 since coming off the disabled list on Sept. 1.“You always feel like he’s a guy that can get it rolling, and when he does, he’s, from a talent standpoint, one of those guys that can carry a club offensively,” manager Aaron Boone said.New York’s first eight batters reached base in a six-run seventh. Miguel Andujar had a two-run double and later scored on a double by Giancarlo Stanton, who had been in a 3-for-35 slump. Didi Gregorius doubled home Stanton.New York was 5 for 17 with runners in scoring position after going 4 for 35 in its previous six games.“Finally, a lot of really good at-bats to kind of break that game open. It was something I feel like we needed and glad that a lot of guys had a hand in it Mike Napoli Jersey ,” Boone said.JUDGE GETS HIS CUTSYankees slugger Aaron Judge took on-field batting practice for the first time since fracturing his right wrist on July 26.The session included home runs to multiple fields by the 2017 AL Rookie of the Year.“It went really well; another big step for him to get out on the field,” Boone said.After the game, Judge refused to put a timeline on his return.“I really don’t want to put myself in a box by setting a date and then not making it. . I just need to keep moving forward until the day I get out there.”TRADING GEMSTwins left fielder Johnny Field made a sliding grab in the fifth to rob Andujar of a hit and save two runs. Third baseman Andujar returned the favor in the bottom of the inning, snaring a sharp liner by Field.TRAINER’S ROOMYankees: 1B Luke Voit has been dealing with back stiffness for a couple of days and wants to play through it, but Greg Bird got the start.Twins: 3B Miguel Sano missed his fifth straight game with lower left leg issues — including a sore knee that he sustained sliding into second base last Tuesday. … 1B Tyler Austin went through hitting drills and took batting practice but missed his fourth straight game with a stiff back.UP NEXTTo provide extra rest for Luis Severino and Masahiro Tanaka, New York’s Sonny Gray (10-8, 4.96) is scheduled for a spot start on Tuesday. Removed from the rotation in early August, Gray tossed 6 1/3 scoreless innings in his last spot start, on Aug. 25 in Baltimore. Minnesota will send RHP Tyler Duffey (1-2, 9.00) to the mound for his first start of the season.__

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz