Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 88 mal aufgerufen
 Zweites Unterforum
hongwei28 Offline

13.05.2019 04:51
www.seahawkslockerroom.com Antworten

Whether they’ll remain this way after they face an expectedly tougher offensive schedule than the one they’ve seen over the first six weeks remains to be seen Womens Ethan Pocic Jersey , but the Seattle Seahawks have set themselves up for higher expectations with a mostly-dominant performance on defense to open the season. Much of that success over the first five games was generated by forcing turnovers that helped stop some bleeding on third downs, but Sunday’s 27-3 win over the Oakland Raiders was the complete performance they’ve been looking for and the Seahawks are now back near the top of some key defensive categories.Six weeks in, Seattle’s defense ranks:Fifth in points allowedThird in passing yards allowedFourth in net yards/pass attemptFourth in interceptions11th in sacksThe Seahawks entered Week 6 ranked ninth in DVOA on defense and based on Sunday’s results, I’d expect them to potentially move ahead of two or three teams that were ahead of them. They ranked eighth against the pass and then held Derek Carr to 4.58 yards per attempt — his lowest of the season — with no touchdowns. In a season so strange that Ryan Fitzpatrick was one of the most efficient passers of all-time before being benched, Seattle has held four of six opponents under 200 yards passing. The Seahawks have allowed 117 points, averaging 19.5 points per game. However, over the first six games of 2017, they allowed 95 points, and ended up finishing 13th in points allowed. In their seventh game of 2017, Seattle gave up 38 to the Houston Texans, and two weeks later they lost Kam Chancellor and Richard Sherman ... forever. In the final 10 games of last season, the Seahawks allowed the 11th-most points and had a point differential of -6 on their way to going .500 in those games and 9-7 on the year.To turn their current 3-3 record into the 10-6 variety that could get them into the playoffs, Seattle will need to avoid a collapse (I use that word loosely, because there are a lot worse things than going .500) like the one they had last year.Next up is Matthew Stafford, who has four straight games with a passer rating over 100 and has thrown nine touchdowns to one interception over that period of time. After that is a home date against Philip Rivers, who is having the second-best start to his career (he went off just slightly more in 2014) with 15 touchdowns and three interceptions in six games. Then their rematch against Jared Goff and the LA Rams. And on short rest, Seattle hosts Aaron Rodgers and the Green Bay Packers on a Thursday.For more: “22 Days in November”To win three of those four games, the Seahawks defense will need to be as good as they were in London against the Raiders. And then some, because those teams will all have better offensive lines Justin Coleman Jersey Green , better quarterbacks, and better wide receivers than Oakland has. Hopefully, the formula works as well as it has in the last four games.Since Week 3, only three teams who’ve played four games have allowed fewer points than the 66 given up by the Seahawks: The Ravens, Bills, and Titans. Baltimore is also the only team with a better point differential (over four games) in that time. And Seattle is seventh in yards per play allowed since Week 3.Much thanks to the rising play of some of their younger or newer faces.Bradley McDougald is the best value on the team. Jarran Reed has four sacks, putting him on pace to be only the third defensive tackle in franchise history to record double-digit sacks, something even Cortez Kennedy only did once. (John Randle had the other.) Frank Clark has 5.5 sacks in six games, making him a legitimate challenger to set the franchise record (Michael Sinclair, 16.5, 1998) for sacks in a season. These are just a few examples, but it’s not about what Seattle has done, it’s about what they will do ... and we simply don’t know yet how they will do in these next 10 games.As we see year after year, teams grow and shrink not just with offseason moves but with midseason changes, maturation of young players, deterioration of old ones, and so on. I don’t see why the Seahawks will be any exception this season, especially since the Seahawks always seem to be among the teams that change the most in the second half of every year under Pete Carroll. The quarterbacks they face will be tougher, but perhaps so will their own players. Perhaps we’re just seeing the surface of what Tre Flowers can do as a rookie.Perhaps Dion Jordan will be 100-percent and tap into whatever it was that helped him get four sacks in five games in 2017. Perhaps K.J. Wright will be as good as new.Perhaps Tedric Thompson won’t suffer as much as an Earl Thomas replacement as Steven Terrell did. Perhaps he’ll even show that he’s the future at free safety.And perhaps we won’t.Perhaps Seattle doesn’t find a third pass rusher this year.Perhaps Flowers struggles or another injury befalls the secondary.Perhaps Wright’s return is short or he just doesn’t get right this season.Perhaps 2017 happens all over again. Or worse.We can prepare for either outcome http://www.seahawkslockerroom.com/authentic-quinton-jefferson-jersey , but the good news either was is that the Seahawks are in a position for success. They aren’t fighting their way back from 2-4. They aren’t winning games by a hair and losing in a landslide. They aren’t that much different from the previous iteration of the defense despite being very different from the previous iteration of the defense.Things could be better, but considering it all, they Seahawks are actually doing quite well. Last week Kenneth wrote about how Seattle Seahawks right tackle Germain Ifedi has developed from a fundamentally raw prospect just over two years ago into one half of what ESPN's Pass Blocking Win Ranking (PBWR) calls one of the top five tackle duos in the NFL. It's certainly quite an improvement over the complaints thrown his way by fans over the first two years of his career, and should he continue down the path of steadily playing better and better, there's a very good chance he could become an anchor on the line for the next decade, given that he is just 24 years old.However, this article isn't about Ifedi in particular. All I am doing today is looking at the 2016 draft class from a single angle - how much time have they seen on the field. Specifically, how many snaps has each member of the draft class played for the Seahawks.Without beating around the bush any further, here are the snap counts for the 2016 draft class through Week 6. Seahawks 2016 Draft Class by Snap CountRoundPlayer SelectedSnaps PlayedPercentage of Draft Class SnapsRoundPlayer SelectedSnaps PlayedPercentage of Draft Class SnapsObviously, I've only included snaps these players played for the Seahawks, otherwise Alex Collins of the Baltimore Ravens would have far more snaps in the spreadsheet. In addition, I was tempted to not include the snaps Quinton Jefferson has played in his second tour with the Hawks after being cut at the end of camp in 2017 and spending time with the Los Angeles Rams. However, in the and, I decided to include the 2017 snaps for QJeff, as well as the 2018 snaps for center Joey Hunt, who spent most of 2017 on the Seattle practice squad.But, just in case anyone is interested in the numbers if QJeff's post-Rams snaps and Hunt’s post-waivers snaps are removed, the numbers look like this. Snap counts for Seahawks 2016 draft classRoundPlayer SelectedSnaps PlayedPercentage of Draft Class SnapsRoundPlayer SelectedSnaps PlayedPercentage of Draft Class SnapsThus, regardless of which way we want to look at it Cortez Kennedy Jersey Green , Ifedi and defensive tackle Jarran Reed comprise the majority of the snaps played for this draft class. This is obviously to be expected, given their draft position, however, I am somewhat surprised - and I'd guess that many fans are as well - by how little action the trio of third round selections, including Rees Odhiambo, C.J. Prosise and Nick Vannett have contributed on the field during their time with the Hawks. In any case, this is not any sort of in depth analysis, it's simply a quick look at one piece of the puzzle when analyzing the Seahawks 2016 draft class. Each day this week I’ll be doing this for a Seattle draft class, working backwards to the 2012 class, which is when the NFL started publishing official snap counts.For those who recall the article about how inexpensive the 2018 Seahawks starting secondary is that I penned just before the bye, this is part of a new series that I’ll be regularly putting up for readers called Fast Facts. These are not meant to be any kind of in depth analysis or deep, reflective pieces. They are far more likely to be simple trivia answers, and they will, for the most part, be short, quick reads.

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz