Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 77 mal aufgerufen
 Erstes Unterforum
panxing18 Offline

21.05.2019 04:00
On the day that Mets captain David Wrig Antworten

NEW YORK (AP) — ht announced he’ll return to play his last big league game during New York’s final homestand David Ross Jersey , Todd Frazier did his fellow third baseman proud.Michael Conforto and Frazier hit back-to-back homers with two outs in the ninth inning to give New York a 4-3 victory in the first game of a doubleheader, and the Mets went on to sweep the Marlins, winning the nightcap 5-2 on Thursday.New York had been held to just two hits before the dramatic homers, including starting pitcher Steven Matz’s first career home run.The last Mets third baseman to hit a walk-off homer was Wright in 2008. The seven-time All-Star is expected to be activated from the 60-day disabled list when the team returns home Sept. 25, and is slated to start on Sept. 29 against Miami. Wright has not played in the majors since May 2016.“He’s one of the greatest Mets to play here,” Frazier said. “He’ll go down as one of the better third basemen to ever play this game. So he deserves all the accolades. And that’s Mr. Met right there. So it’s awesome to be a part of that. That’s pretty cool, especially being a third baseman.”Although he’s not officially retiring, Wright is not expected to play again after this season because of debilitating neck, back and shoulder injuries that have plagued him for years.“He was our leader,” Conforto said. “I’m looking forward to playing with him again at least one more time, taking the field with him, and I’m excited for that. It’s going to be fun.”The Mets have hit 14 homers in their last seven games. It was the fourth time they’ve swept a doubleheader at Citi Field, which opened in 2009, and the first time in seven years.New York took three of four in the series and has won nine of 12.Conforto drove in three more runs in the nightcap, and Jason Vargas pitched six effective innings.Conforto clubbed a double in front of the visitors’ bullpen in right-center field in the fifth inning http://www.chicagocubsteamshop.com/authentic-david-ross-jersey , scoring two runs and putting New York in front 3-2. The hot-hitting outfielder added an RBI single in the seventh.“We have to capitalize on mistakes and he’s definitely doing that right now,” manager Mickey Callaway said.Rookie Tomas Nido got New York on the board in the fifth inning of game two with his first big league homer, a solo shot into the left field seats off Jeff Brigham. Vargas and Amed Rosario followed with consecutive singles, chasing Jeff Brigham (0-2) for reliever Jarlin Garcia.Vargas (6-9) allowed two runs on three hits, walked two, hit a batter and struck out seven. The veteran left-hander is 4-1 with a 3.09 ERA over his last six starts.Seth Lugo hurled two scoreless innings in relief, fanning the first five Marlins he faced. Robert Gsellman worked around a two-out walk in the ninth for his 11th save.Lugo tied a franchise record by striking out at least five batters in consecutive relief appearances and is just the third reliever since at least 1908 with consecutive outings of two innings pitched or shorter with five or more strikeouts.Brigham led off the third with his first big league hit, a single up the middle. Miguel Rojas followed with his 11th homer, driving a 2-1 fastball into the lower deck in left-center field to give Miami a 2-0 advantage.The Marlins managed just one more hit the rest of the game.LATE-INNING MAGICThe opener was the first time in franchise history that the Mets hit back-to-back homers for a walk-off win, according to Elias. The Mets have five game-ending homers in this otherwise forgettable season. Only the 1962 and 1963 teams had more, with six.Embattled reliever Kyle Barraclough entered with one out in the ninth and retired Dominic Smith before Conforto lined a 1-0 changeup into the second deck in right to tie the game. Frazier followed by hitting a 1-1 pitch over the wall in left-center field, prompting his teammates to rush from the dugout and mob the veteran third baseman as he crossed home.“I was hoping that Michael got on. He did his job, and in my mind I was trying to hit a home run,” Frazier said. “Those rarely happen. Got a pitch to hit and kind of squeaked one over, so we’ll take it.”Barraclough (0-6) blew a save for the seventh time in 17 opportunities.Jerry Blevins (3-2) pitched a scoreless ninth for the win.DONNIE BASEBALLThe Mets weren’t the only ones happy that Wright will suit up for one last game.“I’m glad that he’s going to get back and be able to play Drew Smyly Jersey ,” said Marlins manager Don Mattingly, a six-time All-Star and former MVP who also dealt with debilitating back injuries. “I don’t know his whole road, but I know it’s been a rough one the last few years.”TRAINER’S ROOMMarlins: OF Austin Dean was a late scratch from the first game because of nausea. He sat out the nightcap.Mets: C Devin Mesoraco (bulging disk in back) is almost pain-free and could be close to returning, Callaway said.UP NEXTMarlins: LHP Wei-Yin Chen (6-10, 4.72 ERA) opens a weekend series in Philadelphia on Friday night.Mets: RHP Noah Syndergaard (11-3, 3.44) takes on baseball’s best team Friday as New York heads to Fenway Park for a three-game set against the Boston Red Sox. Syndergaard is 5-1 over his last seven starts. GOODYEAR, Ariz. (AP) — Carlos Gonzalez’s career is laden with personal achievements — a batting title, three All-Star appearances, three Gold Gloves.He has earned the respect of teammates and opponents and the unwavering devotion of Colorado fans, who have spent the past decade cheering the outfielder known simply as “CarGo.”But something is missing and Gonzalez thinks he might find it in Cleveland. The free agent signed a minor league contract on Tuesday with the Indians, who might have a starting outfield spot for him.“Looking at the roster and the past of this organization, this was an easy decision,” Gonzalez said. “This is a team that not too long ago was playing in a World Series. As a baseball player, I think it is everybody’s dream to be at that stage, to play for a championship. I want to be in the position to be in that category. This lineup Brandon Morrow Jersey , the rotation, this bullpen is built for winning.”Gonzalez could help the Indians settle their outfield situation, which became muddled following the decision not to re-sign All-Star Michael Brantley and other offseason moves. Gonzalez said he also received an offer from the San Francisco Giants but chose Cleveland.“I wanted to play in the American League,” he said. “The past two years, facing the American League pitchers was something I wanted to do. It doesn’t get tiring, obviously because you’re playing baseball. You’re playing what you love but I wanted a new beginning. When the opportunity opened that’s what I took. I decided between the Indians and the Giants. I decided to come here because this is what I wanted to do.”The 33-year-old Gonzalez spent 10 seasons with Colorado and was one of the team’s best players and emotional leader. He left the Rockies after 2017 before re-signing with Colorado last March to a one-year contract, earning $8 million including roster bonuses.If he makes Cleveland’s 40-man roster, Gonzalez will get a $2 million contract in the majors. He can earn $1 million more in bonuses. He can opt out of his contract on April 20.“The way spring training was going this was a perfect fit for me,” he said. “I told my agent I really wanted to be on that squad. I told him if you get the opportunity to get me on board, I’m ready to go. I’m glad the opportunity came.”A .287 career hitter with 231 home runs, Gonzalez was streaky last season, when he batted .276 with 16 homers and 64 RBIs. Gonzalez hit 40 homers in 2015, and he might be able to help Cleveland offset the loss of slugger Edwin Encarnacion.Gonzalez’s peak years may be behind him, but he can provide the Indians with quality at-bats, postseason experience and leadership. He’ll likely begin the season at extended spring training so he can get into shape.“We’re getting a pro http://www.chicagocubsteamshop.com/authentic-david-ross-jersey ,” manager Terry Francona said. “Everybody you talk to just loves him. Not just what he does with the bat. It is the way he carries himself. In my small interactions I’ve had with him, you can tell the way he carries himself.”Gonzalez won the 2010 NL batting title (.336) and was an All-Star in 2012, 2013 and 2016. He has appeared in at least 200 games at all three outfield positions and has primarily played right field the past four seasons.He’s thrilled to have a fresh start with a team capable of doing big things in 2019.“As a baseball player you want to get things going,” he said. “Once the offseason comes and you hit free agency, you kind of want to know where you’re going to be next season, but free agency is obviously different than it was in the past. Last year it took me a long time to find a job. This year it took me a little longer. I made this decision. I can’t wait to get on the field with my teammates.”NOTES: The Indians considered keeping rookie Orlando Mercado on their roster after his torrid spring, but sent him to Triple-A Columbus. Mercado batted .400 (16 of 40) with three homers and nine RBIs. “He had one heckuva camp and we just told him that,” Francona said. “It was to the point where we had conversations about taking him with us. In the end, the way we’re situated, playing once or twice a week in Cleveland in his first time in the big leagues, we didn’t think that was setting up for success.”

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz