Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 64 mal aufgerufen
 Erstes Unterforum
jokergreen0220 Offline

08.08.2019 10:20
CHICAGO -- Jose Abreu and the Chicago White Sox didnt need to play long ball to blast the Toronto Blue Jays on Friday night. [ur Antworten

CHICAGO -- Jose Abreu and the Chicago White Sox didnt need to play long ball to blast the Toronto Blue Jays on Friday night. Brandon Pirri Jersey . Abreu had three singles and three RBIs to increase his major league-leading total to 89, and the White Sox had 17 hits in an 11-5 victory. Adam Dunn, who also had three hits, and Dayan Viciedo each drove in two runs. Seven White Sox starters had at least two hits and only one, Tyler Flowers, went hitless as Chicago had 14 singles and three doubles. Abreu is in a three-way tie for the major league lead in homers with 31, but hasnt slugged one since July 29. White Sox manager Robin Ventura is still impressed with his rookie first baseman. "I think youre looking at the professional side of his hitting," Ventura said. "I think everybody goes through a stretch where you dont quite have that feeling to hit homers. "Dont try to do too much. Dont be the hero," he added. "Not trying to hit it over the fence. Just put it in play and good things will happen." Melky Cabrera hit a two-run homer for the Blue Jays, who have lost four straight and 10 of 13 to drop four games behind Seattle in the AL wild-card race. Hector Noesi (7-8) settled down after allowing four runs in the first two innings and pitched five-plus innings for his fourth win in five decisions. Javy Guerra, Maikel Cleto and Daniel Webb allowed one hit over the final four. Ventura said he pulled Noesi because he had been hit in the thigh by a batted ball and the area was tightening. But Noesi, who won with his mother watching in the stands, had ample offensive support. "It was good because my location was a little off today." Noesi said. "I was trying to fight a little bit." Marcus Stroman (7-4) gave up five runs, five hits and hit a batter while getting only two outs in his shortest outing since joining the Blue Jays rotation on May 31. "Its disappointing because we scored four runs in the first two innings and I couldnt help my team keep in position to get a win," Stroman said. Blue Jays slugger Edwin Encarnacion was hitless as the DH after being activated from the 15-day disabled list before the game. Ten of the first 15 White Sox hitters reached base as Chicago scored five runs in the first inning and added one in the second. Viciedo singled twice in the span and drove in two runs. The Blue Jays scored a run in the first and three in the second against Noesi, including Cabreras two-run shot, to make it 6-4. The White Sox added five runs in the fifth to put it away. They opened the inning with six straight singles -- a season high for consecutive hits -- a walk and wild pitch against Todd Redmond, Torontos second reliever. TRAINERS ROOM Blue Jays Encarnacion, a two-time All-Star, missed more than a month because of a strained right quadriceps muscle. He has played 70 of 91 games this season at first base, but manager John Gibbons plans to ease Encarnacion back onto the field. "Hell have to play first base, but he was running guarded a little bit," Gibbons said. "If we dont have to, well let him DH the first few games anyway." The Blue Jays sent outfielder Anthony Gose to the Triple-A Buffalo to make roster room for Encarnacion. They also optioned RHP Chad Jenkins to Buffalo after the game. White Sox Outfielder Avisail Garcia, out since April 9 (torn labrum in left shoulder) has progressed in a rehab stint at Triple-A Charlotte and could be back as early as this weekend, according to Ventura. Garcia has 17 hits in 50 at-bats (.340), the number of plate appearances Ventura said Garcia needed to reach. UP NEXT Toronto LHP Mark Buehrle (11-8, 3.31) will face Chicago LHP John Danks (9-8, 4.96) on Saturday. Buehrle will take the mound at U.S. Cellular Field for the first time since leaving the White Sox three years ago. Buehrle has made two starts in Toronto (1-1) against Chicago, where he pitched for the first 12 years of his career. ACT YOUR AGE How has Buehrle, the former White Sox ace whos now 35, changed since leaving Chicago following the 2011 season? "Ten pounds heavier, throw slower," he said. "Im not as agile on the mound as I used to be. My body hurts." POWERING UP Adam Lind rejoined the Blue Jays from the DL on Tuesday in Seattle at was at first base on Friday. Lind has just four homers and 27 RBIs in 63 games with a .319 average, but last year hit 23 homers with 67 RBIs. The Blue Jays are counting on him and Encarnacion for an offensive boost down the stretch. "Early in the season when we were winning a lot of games, a lot of it was we were scoring a lot of runs," Gibbons said. "These guys are a big part of our team." Mark Stone Jersey . - Tom Brady and the Patriots routed the Bengals and quieted the doubters. Tomas Nosek Golden Knights Jersey . According to a report from ESPN, the Green Bay Packers have re-signed the cornerback to a four-year, $39 million deal with a $12. http://www.goldenknightssale.com/authentic-nate-schmidt-golden-knights-jersey/ . Right-hander Todd Redmond took the loss. Jose Bautista hit his second home run of the spring. Here are a handful of tidbits from around camp: Hutchison impressive The Blue Jays are being cautious when talking about their young arms but internally, excitement is building over the way Drew Hutchison is looking and performing this spring.DENVER - Kawhi Leonard returned to the San Antonio Spurs lineup just in time to help make up for the absence of injured Tony Parker.Leonard, sidelined the previous two games because of a bruised right hand, scored 18 points and spearheaded San Antonios defensive effort with a career-high six blocks, leading the Spurs past the banged-up Denver Nuggets 99-91 on Sunday night.He did a good job at both ends of the floor, Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said. He scored for us. Defensively, he got his hands on a lot of balls. He created a lot of situations that helped us.Leonard only got the go-ahead to play after testing his hand during pre-game warmups.It didnt feel 100 per cent but I felt I could fight through it, said Leonard, who also had five steals and four assists. Early in the game, Leonard said he fell on his still healing right hand but got back up and kept playing by not thinking about it.Im just out there playing, trying to make a play. I was just trying to do it all tonight, Leonard said.Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili added 15 points apiece for the Spurs, who bounced back from Fridays loss to the Los Angeles Lakers.Arron Afflalo had a season-high 31 points to lead the Nuggets, who have lost six of their last seven games amid an accumulating toll of injuries.Our guys are pressing, Nuggets coach Brian Shaw said. I know they are tired and banged up. We are shorthanded but I dont want to use that as an excuse. We have to find a way to get it done.J.J. Hickson started in place of injured Kenneth Faried, and Ty Lawson left the game with 3:02 remaining in the second quarter after a collision with Ginobili opened a cut above his left eye. The cut was bandaged and he retturned early in the third quarter. Jonathan Marchessault Jersey. Down by 10 points heading into the fourth quarter, the Nuggets pulled to 79-74 on a baseline jumper by Afflalo with 5:42 remaining.The teams were trading baskets until Ginobili hit a 3-pointer and Cory Joseph drove in for a reverse layup off a Nuggets turnover as San Antonio went in front 94-84 with 2 minutes to play and Denver couldnt get back within striking distance.Ahead by four points midway through the second quarter, Josephs fastbreak started an 8-0 run that carried San Antonio to a 41-29 advantage. The Nuggets pulled to 41-34 on a 3-pointer by Wilson Chandler but the Spurs scored the final four points of the quarter, including a 3-pointer by Joseph to go in front 45-34 at the half.___TIP INSSpurs: Assistant coach Becky Hammon, a former Colorado State star who has become the first full-time female assistant in NBA history, was back in Colorado for the first time since being hired last summer by coach Gregg Popovich. ... Tony Parker was held out with a mild left hamstring strain, the fourth in the last five games that hes missed.Nuggets: Center JaVale McGee, who has missed nine games this season with lingering soreness in his surgically repaired lower left leg, is expected to miss substantial additional time, coach Brian Shaw said. McGee missed all but five games last season because of the stress fracture in his left tibia. Also sitting out were Faried (right ankle strain) and Danilo Gallinari (right knee contusion). ... Nate Robinson was back in action after missing four games with a back injury.UP NEXTSpurs: play at Portland on Monday night.Nuggets: host the Houston Rockets on Wednesday night. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz