Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 74 mal aufgerufen
 Erstes Unterforum
elaine95 Offline

17.10.2019 10:16
making his mark in Denver this Antworten

LAKE FOREST Trace McSorley Jersey , Ill. (AP) — In an abbreviated draft for the Chicago Bears, quarterback Mitchell Trubisky appears to be the big winner.He’ll have three more potential offensive options.Bears general manager Ryan Pace had only five picks because of the trade for linebacker Khalil Mack last year. He used three of the first four on offensive players in hopes of bolstering an improved but inconsistent attack.“I think we’re always mindful of that,” Pace said Saturday. “The more weapons we can supply to the quarterback, or our coaches, the better.”After the Bears traded up to select running back David Montgomery in the third round Friday, they selected Georgia wide receiver Riley Ridley on Saturday in the fourth and Florida Atlantic running back/return man Kerrith Whyte Jr. in the seventh.“Really, with limited draft picks, I really feel like we maximized it,” Pace said.They didn’t ignore defense, selecting Kansas State cornerback Duke Shelley in round 6 and Valdosta State cornerback Stephen Denmark in the seventh round.Still, it was coach Matt Nagy’s offense where improvement was needed most.After all the trick plays and aggressive calls by Nagy, the Bears ranked only 21st both in passing and offensive yardage.So they didn’t hesitate to take Ridley, despite an already crowded receiver group.“To have a player of that caliber there and comfortably be able to take him was really a no-brainer because he was so high on our board,” Pace said.The Bears last year signed Allen Robinson II and Taylor Gabriel in free agency and drafted Anthony Miller and Javon Wims, then signed wide receivers Marvin Hall and Cordarrelle Patterson this year. They have several other receivers under contract, as well.Ridley has been trained for the job by his brother Ed Oliver Jersey , Atlanta Falcons wide receiver Calvin Ridley, who was a first-round pick last year.“Watching him being able to snap down at the top of his routes, route running is key in being a receiver,” Riley Ridley said. “Watching him, learning, and just wanting to be great for myself and my family, it paid off.”Montgomery will share time with Mike Davis and Tarik Cohen, and Nagy is eager to get him involved the passing game. The Bears had traded running back Jordan Howard to Philadelphia because he wasn’t as much of a receiving threat.“They’re weapons,” Nagy said. “In my opinion, they’re all weapons. They can play every down.”WHO THEY GOTMontgomery is a high-character back with a knack for breaking tackles. His running style has been compared to Kareem Hunt’s.“He’s the whole package,” Nagy said. “He has the hands. He’s a three-down back. He’s everything that we’re looking for.”Ridley’s fit is backup to starter Allen Robinson at outside receiver, and he’s considered a strong route runner with good leaping ability and balance.Whyte was backup to Buffalo Bills draft pick Devin Singletary, and last season averaged 6.5 yards per rush with eight touchdowns. He also averaged 26.1 yards per kick return in his career, with two TDs.Shelley is a feisty and undersized at 165 pounds, but had eight interceptions. He’ll play slot cornerback, according to Pace.Denmark plays outside cornerback. But at 6-foot-3½ http://www.billsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-cody-ford-jersey , 220 pounds, he’s as big as some linebackers. He switched last year from wide receiver to cornerback.SURPRISE MOVEPace traded up 14 places to take Montgomery. Not a huge surprise for Pace, though. He has made nine draft day trades since taking over as GM in 2015.HOW THEY DIDThe Bears addressed their greatest need at running back. But they did not address a huge hole on offense: kicker. Cody Parkey’s replacement is still pending.The Bears also didn’t select a tight end. Six Bears tight ends were injured last season. Then Daniel Brown left in free agency, Dion Sims was cut and Zach Miller retired, so they could have used one more. Another offensive lineman or safety were also possibilities and those spots were ignored.WHAT’S NEXT?They’ll continue to look at the kickers they have working in a three-man competition: Redford Jones, Chris Blewitt and Elliott Fry, who kicked in the AAF.Pace said he would likely sign a kicker and turn it into a four-player competition.A few unsigned free agent tight ends or a guard might be added.Prior to the draft, Pace estimated they would sign 18 to 20 undrafted free agents to complete the roster. ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) — The Denver Broncos didn’t bring cornerback Jamar Taylor and wide receiver Andre Holmes on board this week just to fill in at practice.“They’re both dressing” Sunday at San Francisco, coach Vance Joseph said. “You’re going to see Andre out there playing (special) teams and playing on the offense. Jamar is going to be our fourth corner this week.”With cornerback Chris Harris Jr . (fractured fibula) and wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders (ruptured Achilles tendon) becoming the fifth and sixth opening-day starters to suffer major injuries, the Broncos become even more reliant on their strong rookie class — and the two newcomers who are scrambling to decipher Denver’s playbook.It helps that both have a history of working with the Broncos’ coaches.“I’ve still got things to learn,” said Holmes, who is tapping into his time working with Broncos offensive coordinator Bill Musgrave in Oakland two years ago. “There are some things I remember, but I’m two years removed from his offense.”Taylor is a sixth-year pro who has played in 74 career games spanning stops in Miami — where Joseph was an assistant coach — Cleveland and Arizona. But this marks the first time he’s switched teams midseason.“It’s a little rough, you know, because you come in and you learn the playbook. You have to catch up right now Devin Singletary Jersey ,” Taylor said. “Luckily, I have some of the same play-calling in Miami, so it’s not too bad. But it’s a lot of late nights.”The Broncos (6-6) have won three consecutive games for the first time under their second-year head coach, but the rash of injuries at key positions threatens to derail their playoff push.Losing longtime teammates Harris and Sanders in a 72-hour stretch hit fellow veterans hard.“I’m still trying to get over the 88 trade,” Von Miller said of seeing Demaryius Thomas join the Houston Texans six week ago. “Now we’ve got 10 and 25. It’s different. It’s really different. But it’s the pros. I hate to say it, but it’s the pros and it’s part of the game.”Now the Broncos have to lean even more on rookies Phillip Lindsay, Courtland Sutton, Bradley Chubb and Josey Jewell while carving out bigger roles for rookies Isaac Yiadom at cornerback and DaeSean Hamilton at wide receiver.“We’re just inserting E. and the train moves on,” Joseph said Friday.With Hamilton starting along with Sutton, six rookies are slated to start for the Broncos on Sunday — seven, if you include their punter.“We have great confidence in our young class and they have confidence,” Joseph said. “They’re smart, they’re tough and they’ll play good football for us.”Joseph also trusts his newcomers will get up to speed quickly.“They’re fine,” Joseph said. “They’re both pros. I had Jamar in Miami and Andre was with Billy for two years in Oakland. We’re lucky to have those two guys that have played for us, that are healthy and are veteran players. We have no problem with those guys playing for us on Sunday.”PUNTER’S PROGRESSColby Wadman is another rookie making his mark in Denver this season. He’s received game balls in the last two weeks for his superb performances against Pittsburgh and Cincinnati.“Last week was special because of the wind,” Joseph said. “It was blowing out there and in that kind of game to help us flip the field multiple times http://www.billsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-dawson-knox-jersey , that was crucial in helping us win.”Special teams coach Tom McMahon discovered Wadman in 2017 while he was the Colts’ special teams coordinator. On his way to work out Rigo Sanchez in Chico, California, he stopped by Davis, California, to work out Wadman.“I came back and I said, ‘These two guys are dead even,'” McMahon said. “We brought them both to minicamp and they finished minicamp dead even.”Wadman, however, doesn’t kick off and with kicker Adam Vinatieri no longer handling kickoffs at age 45, the Colts punting job went to Sanchez.When Marquette King struggled early on in Denver this season, McMahon suggested the Broncos bring in Wadman because of his strong leg and good hang time, remembering that when he worked him out last year, “it was one of those days where the wind was blowing all over the place and it didn’t affect him at all.”Just like last week when the played the Bengals.

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz