Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 52 mal aufgerufen
 Zweites Unterforum
liny195 Offline

06.11.2019 08:46
New Orleans Saints head coach Sean Payton Antworten

thinks NFL teams are making a mistake if they’re only focusing on hiring the next trendy offensive mind as head coach.In an interview with the NFL Network Joe Thomas Jersey , Payton said he concerned about several aspects of the recent head coach hiring processes around the NFL. Despite being one of the best offensive coaches in the NFL himself, Payton feels like the seeming determination of some to find the next offensive savant ready to become a head coach could lead to many mistakes in who teams hire to run their teams.“The thing that can be disappointing though is when you talk to someone and they give you the profile (of the coach) and then I’ll say ‘well you’re not interested in a young Bill Belichick or a young Tony Dungy?'” Payton said.“They get so pigeonholed into – cause this is cyclical, right, – and ultimately you would say if we did a little history, successful head coaches probably come from the east and the west and north and south. They probably come of both color and they probably come on defense and on offense. And they’re good leaders, they’re great leaders. And so if you say well I just want the one that coaches quarterbacks and they’re on offense, well then you’re going to end up with a smaller pool and you’ll probably have less of a chance to be right because already of eight hired there’s going to be three that survive three years.”There were eight head coaches hired this offseason by NFL teams. Six of those coaches come from offensive backgrounds while only two, Vic Fangio and Brian Flores Chris Hubbard Color Rush Jersey , have defensive roots. The running joke of the hiring cycle of “if you ever met Sean McVay, you too could be an NFL head coach” was based in a degree of reality. The Arizona Cardinals initially referred to Kliff Kingsbury as a friend of the Los Angeles Rams head coach in their article announcing the hire. Matt LaFleur and Zac Taylor have direct ties to McVay and were hired by the Green Bay Packers and Cincinnati Bengals, respectively. Rams assistant Shane Waldron was also a candidate for the Bengals job.But Payton believes the search for the next Sean McVay may lead to some large mistakes among coaching hires.“There are a handful of coaches that I know that if I was a G.M. who I would be interested in hiring,” Payton said. “I think more and more it’s season-by-season and ‘I want Alvin Kamara.’ Well, you can’t have him. You can go draft 10 more running backs and be 0 for 10 trying to find him or (Sean) McVay.“And so I see a lot of mistakes made in that process I feel like this long in and so we’re excited to play those teams.”While Payton is absolutely correct to assert that top defensive coaches should not be overlooked as head coaching candidates, there have been a number of successful hires in recent years coming from the hot offensive coach. Doug Pederson (Philadelphia) and Matt Nagy (Chicago) parlayed success with the Chiefs into winning head coaching jobs. Frank Reich (Indianapolis) helped get the Colts back to the playoffs after winning a Super Bowl on Pederson’s staff. Kyle Shanahan (San Francisco) could easily make a leap in his third year if Jimmy Garoppolo can stay healthy. Plus, the hiring of McVay by the Rams was also a roaring success. But teams should absolutely be just as open to the next Belichick or Dungy as they are to the next McVay. If they’re only looking for McVay, they won’t find Belichick or Dungy. More of the latest Browns news and notes from around the web in today’s dose of the Saturday Dawg Chow." />Skip to main contentclockmenumore-arrownoyesDawgs EDTCleveland Browns:Odell Beckham Jr. says once he and Baker Mayfield get on the same page ‘it will be scary’ (cleveland.com) - Odell Beckham Jr. leaped and got his hand on a Baker Mayfield pass in the back of the end zone Friday https://www.brownsfanshop.com/Seth-Devalve-Jersey , but Christian Kirksey broke it up. But Beckham promises that in a few weeks, when the star receiver and his new QB get their timing down, that’s six points almost every time.Ed Reed had big impact on Sheldrick Redwine (ohio.com) - heldrick Redwine smiles to think of it. The first day he will run onto the field in Cleveland’s football stadium coincides with Ed Reed’s big day in Canton.Phil Dawson celebrates storied career as he retires from NFL (clevelandbrowns.com) - Phil Dawson sat at the table inside the press conference room at the Browns headquarters in Berea, adjusted the water bottle next to him and smiled as he prepared to make it official. The former Browns kicker was announcing his retirement Friday after he signed a one-day deal with the Browns to finish a 20-year NFL career, but before Dawson could begin to thank the team, recall the memories and celebrate the journey, he needed to apologize.Mike Priefer: Jamie Gillan ‘getting better and better’ every day (Browns Wire) - Anyone who has been out to Berea for training camp has gotten a taste for Jamie Gillan. The Browns undrafted rookie punter from Scotland via Arkansas-Pine Bluff is easy to spot with his long hair and hulking calf muscles, and there is a distinct sound when his powerful foot contacts the ball.NFL:Raiders still waiting on Antonio Brown (nfl.com) - Jon Gruden -- and most likely the Raiders faithful -- are anxious to get the ball rolling at training camp. Unfortunately Kevin Zeitler Jersey , while the belle of the ball made a grand entrance (via hot air balloon), he’s still yet to make an appearance.No garbage interceptions for Hall of Famer Johnny Robinson (ESPN) - Former Kansas City Chiefs safety Johnny Robinson is tied for 13th on the NFL’s all-time interception list, with 57 -- one reason he will be inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame on Aug. 3. But that statistic tells only part of his story. Robinson didn’t just have quantity when it came to interceptions, but quality.Jamie Collins thrilled by Bill Belichick’s praise (Boston Herald) - Another day of football practice under a hot sun behind him, Patriots linebacker Jamie Collins had enough energy left to give his smile muscles a workout.Lamar Jackson says he will run less in 2019 (ESPN) - Coach John Harbaugh recently said Lamar Jackson will run just as much as he did last season, but the Baltimore Ravens franchise quarterback believes otherwise. Jackson set the NFL single-season record in 2018 for rushing attempts by a quarterback with 147. He said on “The Rich Eisen Show” on Thursday that he doesn’t expect to carry the ball as much as during his rookie season.

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz