Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 90 mal aufgerufen
 Erstes Unterforum
jokergreen0220 Offline

19.03.2019 07:59
NEW YORK -- Mark Sanchez has a chance to take the lead in the New York Jets tightly contested quarterback competition. [url=http Antworten

NEW YORK -- Mark Sanchez has a chance to take the lead in the New York Jets tightly contested quarterback competition. Nike Free Cheap Online . The team announced Thursday that Sanchez will start over rookie Geno Smith for the preseason home game against the Jacksonville Jaguars on Saturday night. The decision came a day after coach Rex Ryan said Smith had a "brutal" practice in what was his "worst day" of training camp. The rookie threw four interceptions, including three in 11-on-11 team drills. Smith is also dealing with a sprained right ankle that hobbled him early in the week, although he insisted it wasnt affecting his performance. Ryan, who was scheduled to speak to the media later Thursday, said it was clear to him that Smith is "not 100 per cent." It was not immediately certain if Smith would play at all Saturday night. The Jets could rest him until the third preseason game next week against the Giants. Greg McElroy, also dealing with an ankle injury, and Matt Simms are the other quarterbacks on the roster. Sanchez started the preseason opener at Detroit last Friday, in large part because he is the incumbent heading into his fifth season. He got off to a terrible start, with an interception returned for a touchdown, but rebounded with a solid performance that was capped by a TD pass to Jeff Cumberland. Smith had no turnovers in his debut, which was cut short when he rolled the ankle on a scramble in the third quarter. Offensive co-ordinator Marty Mornhinweg also said this week that he didnt get a good chance to evaluate Smith in the preseason opener because he was tinkering with several different aspects of the offence while the rookie was in. Sanchez followed up the preseason opener with a good week of practices, while Smith was hobbled and pushed through the injury. "I think it went about as well as it could," Sanchez said Wednesday of the competition during camp. "I felt good throughout the duration of camp. I thought I threw the ball well. I was accurate. I did my best to take care of the ball and move the team down the field. I thought we did that really well in spurts. I thought we got a little more consistent as things went on. We just have to keep improving. I felt fine with the rotation. "Hopefully soon theyll make a decision and well roll." Even though this is Sanchezs second straight start in the preseason, Ryan said Wednesday that the plan against the Jaguars is not necessarily an indication of which quarterback leads in the competition. But, if Sanchez plays well and Smith doesnt take any snaps, it would appear the veteran would have the edge. Smith, who was cleared by team trainers early in the week, had not missed any time on the field. He worked mostly with the first-team offence Wednesday and appeared to move around with only a slight limp at times. "I havent really been trying to use it as an excuse," Smith said. "Ive been going out there and giving it my all, and I think Ive done a good job of just pushing through this week." The Jets break camp at SUNY Cortland on Thursday. Nike Free Sale Uk . It was a move of some time in the making. “He hasnt thrown well, clearly some guys are being used more than him right now and the only way to get out of this funk is to pitch,” said general manager Alex Anthopoulos. Nike Free Shoes On Sale . Brandon Morrow allowed five runs on six hits over three innings. He struck out two, walked one and hit a batter. Edwin Encarnacion had a two-out, bases loaded two-RBI double in the third inning. http://www.wholesalenikefreeuk.com/ .The other side of the Bruins special teams unit delivered in the end.Gregory Campbell netted the game-winner with less than 10 minutes remaining and the Bruins fended off a late four-minute San Jose power play to earn a wild 5-3 win over the Sharks.TORONTO -- Jets coach Paul Maurice said Saturday morning that he would dress his best lineup as they prepared for the Maple Leafs. But by the time the puck dropped at Air Canada Centre, Winnipeg forward Evander Kane had been listed as a healthy scratch as the Jets went on to deliver a severe blow to Torontos playoff hopes with a 4-2 win. "That was a coachs decision," explained Maurice. "Youll get no rationale from me. Youve seen me on TV before. Theres nothing rational out of my mouth." Devin Setoguchi, who was a healthy scratch in four of the past five games, replaced Kane and played 13 minutes on a line with Eric ODell and Matt Halischuk. Kane, who has just two goals and 12 points in his past 21 games, is in the second year of his six-year, $31.5 million contract, which carries a salary of $4.5 million this year before going up to $6 million a year in each of the final four seasons of the deal. The 22-year-old Vancouver native had a career-high 30 goals during the 2011-12 season and followed it up with 17 goals in the lockout shortened 48-game 2012-13 season. But Kane has just 17 goals and 39 pointts in 60 games this season. Nike Free Outlet Uk. Asked what Kane had to do to return to the lineup, Maurice said, "probably just come to the rink." Kane was seen outside the Jets locker-room post-game speaking with his agent, but declined to comment on being a healthy scratch. The scratch adds to a tough week for Kane as it was revealed Thursday that he was being sued in B.C. over an alleged assault charge stemming from an incident in August 2013. Jets captain Andrew Ladd said Kane would have to put the situation behind him and move on. "Its one of those things, hes got to bounce back and come to work the next day," said Ladd. "For us, it was more important to focus on this game and make sure we were ready to get the two points." Maurice had Dustin Byfuglien in the lineup to start Saturday night, but he left with 4:55 remaining in the second period with what the coach described as an upper-body injury. Maurice said Byfuglien was day-to-day and that he would be re-evaluated when the team got back to Winnipeg. Byfuglien started the game on a line with Olli Jokinen and Blake Wheeler. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz